CCG4 selects PDO 0 instead of higher voltage / higher power when connected to powerbank

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ClSt_2934626
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CCG4 for a dual role port, on a battery device where we want it to be able to be powered from a powerbank.

Firmware is based on EZ-SDK 3.3.1.

Below you can see a dump from EZ-PD Analyzer Utility, where the image is from connecting the Powerbank to CCG4 device.

I have also attached the ccgx files. For the CCG4 and a Macbook Pro connecting to the powerbank.

So what is needing for making the CCG4 selecting the PDO object 3?

Attached you will also find the config we are running.

Thanks ahead

ex_pd_powerbank_to_ccg4.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Lisa.

Thanks for the reply. Was also looking in that direction. I guess the answer is partly missing understanding of the givebak and max/min value.

I was expecting the max value to be an indication of what maximum could be handled by the sink, and not what it would request. So I expected that the request would be the maximum current offered by the source pdf info. But now I understand that the maximum for the sink, means the minimum value for the source PDO. So I properly need to make the sink PDO dynamic from the EC site, as the firmware stack does not support a better scheme.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

It seems the request with Capability Mismatch. Could you please kindly fill the same current into the sink PDO of CCG4 configuration?

Best Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisa.

Thanks for the reply. Was also looking in that direction. I guess the answer is partly missing understanding of the givebak and max/min value.

I was expecting the max value to be an indication of what maximum could be handled by the sink, and not what it would request. So I expected that the request would be the maximum current offered by the source pdf info. But now I understand that the maximum for the sink, means the minimum value for the source PDO. So I properly need to make the sink PDO dynamic from the EC site, as the firmware stack does not support a better scheme.

0 Likes