How can I use puart hw flow control??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jeje_2937166
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi

I using cyw20706 and I want to use puart flow control.

because I have to stop receiving data from UART. use a hardware flow control when I want.

my settings are as follows

wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads( 33, 31, 35, 30);

wiced_hal_puart_flow_on( );

wiced_hal_puart_register_interrupt(hci_puart_rx_interrupt_callback);

wiced_hal_puart_enable_tx(); // call wiced_hal_puart_disable_tx to disable transmit capability.

wiced_hal_puart_enable_rx();

I think if I don't use "wiced_hal_puart_reset_puart_interrupt", hci_puart_rx_interrupt_callback don't be called by stack and

when cyw20706's  RX FIFO is full, puart rts have to rise.

But puart rts didn't operate not yes

please tall me how can I use Flow control???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi jeje_2937166 ,

Our software team has detected a bug in the PUART flow control. Let's hope the fix will be available in the upcoming BTSDK.

I would suggest you to migrate to Modustoolbox software environment if you are not presently using it. Because latest bug fixes, feature, etc. will be added to BTSDK (used with Modustoolbox) since it is the latest and preferred software dev environment.

We will give detailed testing instructions to verify PUART flow control once the fix is available in the SDK.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

wiced_hal_puart_reset_puart_interrupt() is used to clear the present puart interrupt and enable it to receive next interrupt. This should be used when you want to release the interrupt.

May I know how did you test the puart? What procedure were you following?

For using the flow control, you can turn on the puart flow control using the wiced_hal_puart_flow_on( ) API.

Please make sure you have configured the device hardware properly. (for Rx,Tx, cts and rts pins)

Also, please select no traces (WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_NONE) for wiced_set_debug_uart().

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you DheerajP

I configured puart setting

I see  https://community.cypress.com/message/254355#254355

wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads( 33, 31, 35, 30);

wiced_hal_puart_flow_on( );

wiced_hal_puart_register_interrupt(hci_puart_rx_interrupt_callback);

wiced_hal_puart_enable_tx(); // call wiced_hal_puart_disable_tx to disable transmit capability.

wiced_hal_puart_enable_rx();

I tested it WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_NONE

But it was effective for me

0 Likes

Hi,

Did you mean, it is not working for you?

May I know the procedure you have followed to test the flow control?

Did you test it by connecting two devices over PUART, or some other means?

Also, make sure the the appropriate switches in SW5 is turned on. (RX, Tx, CTS and RTS).

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi

Did you mean, it is not working for you?

-> yes it is not working

May I know the procedure you have followed to test the flow control?

Did you test it by connecting two devices over PUART, or some other means?

-> I tested Flow control by connected Two device that cyw20706 and PC

Also, make sure the the appropriate switches in SW5 is turned on. (RX, Tx, CTS and RTS).

-> I am using puart(rx, tx, rts, cts) in SW5 and I turned on it

Thanks

0 Likes

I am working on the issue. I will let you know the details.

0 Likes

Hi jeje_2937166 ,

Our software team has detected a bug in the PUART flow control. Let's hope the fix will be available in the upcoming BTSDK.

I would suggest you to migrate to Modustoolbox software environment if you are not presently using it. Because latest bug fixes, feature, etc. will be added to BTSDK (used with Modustoolbox) since it is the latest and preferred software dev environment.

We will give detailed testing instructions to verify PUART flow control once the fix is available in the SDK.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheerajp_41

I understand what you mean.

I hope this bug will be fixed

Thank you

0 Likes