TheadX: Scan snip wiced_wifi_scan_networks() return timeout when getting semaphore wwd_sdpcm_ioctl_sleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was testing the scan snip on BCM43438 with TheadX and NetX_Duo using WICED-SDK-3.5.2. It worked well only for seconds, printing scan results list. But it then didn't work any more, no scan result, even no log printed in the end. After investigating, the wiced_wifi_scan_networks() just returned timeout because of getting semaphore: "wwd_wifi_scan() -> wwd_sdpcm_send_iovar() -> wwd_sdpcm_send_ioctl(SDPCM_SET, ...) -> host_rtos_get_semaphore( &wwd_sdpcm_ioctl_sleep, ...)".

I did test the same snip using FreeRTOS+LwIP and it always worked fine, kept printing scan results list as expected! Is there something wrong with ThreadX?

Any idea would be appreciated!!

KR.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a known issue in the Wi-Fi for these devices

Use SDK 3.4.0 for development for now till this is fixed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did tested another platform working with BCM43438 and the problem is exactly the same! Using FreeRTOS + LwIP worked perfectly again. This would increase the chance of having issue with ThreadX.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a known issue in the Wi-Fi for these devices

Use SDK 3.4.0 for development for now till this is fixed

0 Likes