Windows 10 FX3_USB3_1.0.0 driver.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaMu_4805056
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I am developing an application on Windows 10. This application accesses a FPGA board through USB. I am using CyAPI.lib library. However I am not able to get Windows 10 drivers for USB.

Hardware details are as follows.

Device Name: FX3_USB3_1.0.0

Hardware Id: USB\VID_04B4&PID_1212&REV_0000

I searched online regarding this and found this link http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/drivers-ez-usb-fx1-fx2lp-and-fx3-kba94413 . I followed the steps mentioned in the document and added vendor, product ids to .inf file. I think simply adding ids to .inf file doesn't solve the problem because after making these changes an error message regarding .cat file popped up.

On further searching I came across this link https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit  . In this page "EZ-USB FX3 SDK 1.3.4 for Windows" link leads to nowhere. So, I downloaded the source code and tried to build the driver with Visual Studio 2019 (this is the only version of Visual Studio I have), When I built the project following two errors came (1)error 1209: Section [sourcedisksfiles] is defined multiple times. (2)error 1209: Section [destinationdirs] is defined multiple times. I am new to driver development so I don't have any idea what these errors mean and how to resolve them.

Kindly guide me as to how to get Windows 10 drivers.

1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Once you add an additional entry to the inf file, the signature in the catalog file is lost and hence the driver becomes invalid.

There are few ways to bind the device to the driver in which the modification have been made:

1. Test sign the driver and put the PC in test mode. Refer to How to Test-Sign a Driver Package - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

2. Disable Driver signature Enforcement in startup setting: How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsi...

The 2nd method is simpler

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Once you add an additional entry to the inf file, the signature in the catalog file is lost and hence the driver becomes invalid.

There are few ways to bind the device to the driver in which the modification have been made:

1. Test sign the driver and put the PC in test mode. Refer to How to Test-Sign a Driver Package - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

2. Disable Driver signature Enforcement in startup setting: How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsi...

The 2nd method is simpler

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

I permanently disabled driver signature. With this and .inf file changes I am able to install the driver. Device seems working fine.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Yasir Mustafa.

0 Likes