why don´t down load with jlink segger in CYW95407AEVAL1Fon wiced 6.4?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EnPa_4771801
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

i try to download with j-link segger ,but dont work , y download with this in the mark target

project.Set2-CYW954907AEVAL1F JTAG=jlink download run

i change the file wiced_toolchain_common.mk

this is the log:

Creating Filesystem Done

WICED/platform/MCU/BCM4390x/BCM94390x_targets.mk:394: recipe for target 'download_dct' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [download_dct] Error 1

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

12:50:06 Build Finished (took 1s.377ms)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hey Enrique,

Kindly follow the steps below to download the application via segger j-link-->

1. Connect the Jlink segger to host PC. To download an application using j-link Segger, you need to change the jlink driver to libusbK.

You can use Zadig for this.

pastedImage_0.png

2. Replace Driver

3. Check the device manager of host PC to verify that J-link segger appears under libusbK USB devices.

4. Add the line below to /tools/OpenOCD/jlink.cfg

reset_config trst_and_srst srst_push_pull

5. Provide your make target. Download and run the program. Let me know if you face errors.

Also, what changes have you done in wiced_toolchain_common.mk?

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Aditi_B

Hey Enrique,

Kindly follow the steps below to download the application via segger j-link-->

1. Connect the Jlink segger to host PC. To download an application using j-link Segger, you need to change the jlink driver to libusbK.

You can use Zadig for this.

pastedImage_0.png

2. Replace Driver

3. Check the device manager of host PC to verify that J-link segger appears under libusbK USB devices.

4. Add the line below to /tools/OpenOCD/jlink.cfg

reset_config trst_and_srst srst_push_pull

5. Provide your make target. Download and run the program. Let me know if you face errors.

Also, what changes have you done in wiced_toolchain_common.mk?

Thanks

Aditi

Hi Aditi  the change that i used is below

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi Enrique,

Can you comment out the line JTAG ?= jlink(line 39) and uncomment the line above it, that was by default uncommented in wiced_toolchain_common.mk? Basically, I am asking you to remove the changes that you did in the .mk file and revert back to the original .mk file. You don't need to do any changes in this .mk file. After reverting the changes, can you try out the steps that I mentioned in my previous response and program the code via segger j-link?

Let me know, if you face any issues.

Thanks

Aditi

Hi Aditi, you were right, the steps you mentioned in the first message were correct, currently I can program using jlink segger.

I just have one last question, what is the maketarget for the jtag program using two TMS and TCK cables? or how I can do that?

Thanks Aditi

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hello Enrique,

Good to know that you can program via jlink segger. Regarding the query of make target, can you provide the purpose of using two TMS and TCK cables?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

hello Aditi

I want to program CYW493907 without debugging with two wires and I also want to use only the binary for programming, I don't know if that is possible.

Thanks

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hello Enrique,

I don't understand "I want to program CYW43907 without debugging". You can program 43907 without debugging.

Are you entering debug mode by any chance? Please explain.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

I'm sorry, currently I program with this make in wiced studio 6.4 :

project.Set2-CYW954907AEVAL1F JTAG=jlink download run

but with 6 cables, when i disconnect all and only have 2 cables connected, (tms and tck), this one does not program

I want to program a custom pcb with cyw43907, but I only have 2 cables for program

0 Likes