Debug in FX3 Series

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bime_4763896
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

In my current application I have used FX3 series CYUSB3014 controller and interfaced with FPGA in Sync Slave FIFO (Customized board) and for boot option i have used I2C EEPROM. In this application sometimes the controller is resetting. I want to debug the code I am not understanding how to debug it.

Regards,

Bipin

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Bipin,

Please confirm that you are using the latest SDK 1.3.4 https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit  with the build variable of the project (Project Properties> C/C++ Build > Build variable) as 1_3_4.

If not, please use the latest SDK and change the build variable to 1_3_4.

Please let me know if this helps

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Bipin,

Please let me know more details about the application

- When is the reset seen? Is it after the enumeration is completed or during the data transfer

- Also, let me know about the firmware that you are using. Is the firmware attached to the application note AN65974?

- Is the boot mode from I2C EEPROM with USB fallback or only I2C EEPROM

- Does the custom board have a UART interface to view the UART debug prints (on Teraterm)

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello Rashi,

In am application I am sending data from PC to custom board (which contains CYUSB3014 controller interfaced with FPGA) through USB3.0

-Reset is seen during data transfer

-I am using firmware version 1.3

-boot mode is from I2C EEPROM with USB fallback

-Custom board doesn't have a UART interface (uart pins are not free)

Regards,

Bipin

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Bipin,

Please confirm that you are using the latest SDK 1.3.4 https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit  with the build variable of the project (Project Properties> C/C++ Build > Build variable) as 1_3_4.

If not, please use the latest SDK and change the build variable to 1_3_4.

Please let me know if this helps

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes