CYBT-423028 Eval not detecting on MeshClient for provisioning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaSa_4767806
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi,

I have flashed the code light dimmable code from WICED STUDIO 6.4 on CYBT423028 Eval board and tried to provision using MeshClient Application.

While doing so, MeshClient is not detecting the un-provisioned device, could not see UUID of un-provisioned device. Following snapshot of  trace.

Initially created Network and open the network as per document "MeshClient_and_ClientControlMesh_App_User_Guide" and its created successfully.

With On_Off_Switch code also facing the same issue.  

Flowing BLE dongle is used for MeshClient Application, as my desktop (Running on Windows 10) dose not have inbuild Bluetooth, 

https://www.amazon.in/Richvolt-USB-Bluetooth-Adapter-Receiver/dp/B08JHXJPLV?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_orecs_h... 

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I think you are trying to discuss the same issue that you have mentioned in Device is not provisioning / configuring on on Android helper Application

Please don't get angry on me for not mentioning (actually forgot) one important change you have to do in WICED 6.4 to make CYBT-423028-EVAL module work. Please refer below blog post and follow the steps. This blog is applicable for WICED Studio SDK 6.2 or later to start using the CYBT-423028-EVAL platform WICED Studio: Platform Files for CYBT-423028-EVAL - KBA223637

I believe the issue is not related to mesh directly. It is the platform issue.

May I know if it worked for you. Please let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I think you are trying to discuss the same issue that you have mentioned in Device is not provisioning / configuring on on Android helper Application

Please don't get angry on me for not mentioning (actually forgot) one important change you have to do in WICED 6.4 to make CYBT-423028-EVAL module work. Please refer below blog post and follow the steps. This blog is applicable for WICED Studio SDK 6.2 or later to start using the CYBT-423028-EVAL platform WICED Studio: Platform Files for CYBT-423028-EVAL - KBA223637

I believe the issue is not related to mesh directly. It is the platform issue.

May I know if it worked for you. Please let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

HI Dheeraj,

Yes you are correct, same issue is discussed in Device is not provisioning / configuring on on​ thread, as i am trying on MeshClient application also, so created separate thread. Sorry for creating multiple threads. Provisioning is working on Android phone, But issue with MeshClient still exist.

After opening the Network on MeshClient, can not detect un-provisioned  device.

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please ensure you are following the complete and correct steps to provision the device using meshclient.

Please refer MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide

The meshclient will work only on Windows 10. The short sequence of steps are as below.

1. Provide a name for the network and Create network
  2. Open the network.
  3. Scan for unprovisioned
  4. provision and configure
  5. Select the provisioned device from the control list.
  6. Do control operations.

Could you please share the Meshclient logs (trace.txt generated by meshclient) with us?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes