How to send data using FX3 USB Debug Example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LuTa_4642501
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome!

Hi,

I need to send the status of 2 GPIO pins over an interrupt endpoint.

I am starting with this code:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ez-usb-fx3-usb-debug-example

As far as I understood, this example sends data using CyU3PDebugPrint with some DMA memory configured. But I don't want to use CyU3PDebugPrint.

I want to write the status of the GPIO pin in such a way that the interrupt endpoint will collect that data and send to the host when requested.

How Can I send an array of bytes to the host using this interrupt endpoint?

Thanks

Lucas

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Lucas,

Instead of using the USBDebug example, you will need to use a combined firmware with USBDebug and GPIOApp example firmware.
GPIOApp firmware incorporates the use of GPIO's as INPUT or OUTPUT and prints over UART and so, you can integrate it or modify it similar to the USBDebug example.

Path for USBDebug example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxusbdebug

Path for GPIOApp example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxgpioapp

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Lucas,

Instead of using the USBDebug example, you will need to use a combined firmware with USBDebug and GPIOApp example firmware.
GPIOApp firmware incorporates the use of GPIO's as INPUT or OUTPUT and prints over UART and so, you can integrate it or modify it similar to the USBDebug example.

Path for USBDebug example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxusbdebug

Path for GPIOApp example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxgpioapp

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes