uart dma rx

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1705251
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I use CYT4B uart,i want set rx dma mode,but i can't find how to use dma circual mode and i can't find api to get dma fifo current pointer,so i can't get the dma transfer process.

how to solve it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
HongyanW_86
100 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hello,

Kindly refer to the descriptor chaining in Application Note AN220191:

--AN220191 How to Use Direct Memory Access (DMA) Controller in Traveo II Family

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-How_to_Use_Direct_Memory_Access_DMA_Controller_in_Traveo_II_F...

In addition, we have DMA sample code in our SDL and you can refer to it.

Best regards,

Amy Wang

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
HongyanW_86
100 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hello,

Kindly refer to the descriptor chaining in Application Note AN220191:

--AN220191 How to Use Direct Memory Access (DMA) Controller in Traveo II Family

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-How_to_Use_Direct_Memory_Access_DMA_Controller_in_Traveo_II_F...

In addition, we have DMA sample code in our SDL and you can refer to it.

Best regards,

Amy Wang

0 Likes

thank you

but i have read this document before i ask this question,i can't find how to use uart dma loop mode and i cant find how to get the progress of the dma transfer

0 Likes

你好,我没太理解你的应用为什么需要时时获取DAM传输的进度或者需要一个什么样的环形DMA。我们SDL (sample driver library)里面有提供UART FIFO + DMA的例程,请先参考例程看是否满足你的需求。如果你没有SDL,请联系我们的分销商或者销售人员。

Best regards,

Amy

0 Likes

i have read UART FIFO + DMA example, but i can not know when the fifo is full, so i don not know when to restart the dma

0 Likes

Or i want to know the cypress register like stm32 dma register NDTR,which whill tell the remain dma progress count.

thank you

0 Likes

Kindly check register DW_CH_STRUCT_CH_IDX.X_IDX, DW_CH_STRUCT_CH_IDX_Y_IDX in TRM.

0 Likes