CY4500 EZ-PD firmware and Linux protocol analyzer utility

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anai_3018681
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried to connect my EZ-PD dongle to the Linux tool and I get an error

"Firmware upgrade is required. Please update the firmware on a windows machine"

I downloaded the latest windows utility and programmed the firmware in there. The firmware version shows 1.0.0.32

The Linux tool still refuses to connect to it. What firmware version do I need to use the Linux tool ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please try updating the firmware present with the latest Windows installer of the utility. The firmware update tool and the 2.0.7.0 version of firmware would be present at the path- <install directory>\Cypress\EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility\Firmware_Update_Tool

After the update is completed, please check if the utility on Linux is able to connect to it and display the recorded traffic.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please try updating the firmware present with the latest Windows installer of the utility. The firmware update tool and the 2.0.7.0 version of firmware would be present at the path- <install directory>\Cypress\EZ-PD Protocol Analyzer Utility\Firmware_Update_Tool

After the update is completed, please check if the utility on Linux is able to connect to it and display the recorded traffic.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes