print out adc using miniprog3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoBa_4600301
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

I'm working with BLE222014 and a miniprog3.  

I would like to debug a simple program by printing out the value read from ADC to the Miniprog3 as in the same way you can do it with the terminal in Arduino.  Is this possible?  Sorry if my question is too basic but I'm new wit PSOC and couldn't find an answer online.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

As per my understanding, your requirement is to send UART messages to PC using miniprog 3. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

MiniProg3 does not have any UART pins, so, it is not possible to send UART messages using MiniProg3.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

As per my understanding, your requirement is to send UART messages to PC using miniprog 3. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

MiniProg3 does not have any UART pins, so, it is not possible to send UART messages using MiniProg3.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

thanks for the quick reply.  Yes that's correct, I wanted to send uart messages to the pc using miniprog3.  

the miniprog uses swd, can I somehow write values to it and read it from my computer?

0 Likes

Hello,

No, it is not possible to send messages from PSoC to computer using SWD pins. You can add a UART component to your project and use a USB to UART bridge to send messages to computer.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh