Transfer data by sending commands from other MCUs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

Does the PSoC4 + BLE module have a function to send and receive data by sending commands from the outside?

(No software development required, it works according to the received command)

I found a function called CYSPP. Is it possible to operate commands with this?

If so, do I need to develop with PSoC Creator?

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Serial Port Profile is a Bluetooth classic profile. It is not available as a standard profile in BLE. Therefore, you'll have to create a custom BLE service and send the commands. Please refer to the Day020_BLE_UART project from the GitHub. This code example uses a custom BLE profile to demonstrate the UART-BLE bridge functionality. In order to emulate both peer devices as UART COM ports, this example essentially consists of two projects – Central and Peripheral. When appropriately interfaced to a PC, each of the peer devices can be used as a COM port using a terminal application (like TeraTerm). The data sent through the terminal application at one end, appears at the other end, as it does over wired UART communication.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Serial Port Profile is a Bluetooth classic profile. It is not available as a standard profile in BLE. Therefore, you'll have to create a custom BLE service and send the commands. Please refer to the Day020_BLE_UART project from the GitHub. This code example uses a custom BLE profile to demonstrate the UART-BLE bridge functionality. In order to emulate both peer devices as UART COM ports, this example essentially consists of two projects – Central and Peripheral. When appropriately interfaced to a PC, each of the peer devices can be used as a COM port using a terminal application (like TeraTerm). The data sent through the terminal application at one end, appears at the other end, as it does over wired UART communication.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello Yugandahar-san

Thank you very much. It was very helpful.

If devices including classic BT other than PSoC4 + BLE can also be used, is there anything that does not require software development that can send and receive just by typing a command?

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes

Hello ,

It is not possible to connect a psoc4 ble device with other BT Classic devices. If the device supports both Classic BT and BLE, then you can establish a connection with psoc4 ble. Could you please let me know your complete application ?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes