Computer can not recognize the USB TO I2C device(Use the CY7C65215-32LTXI component)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnZh_4664606
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi all:

When I was developing a product, I added the circuit of USB to I2c.But now found communication with the computer, prompt "unrecognized USB device".Ask a friend who has similar situation to give some solution?

The schematic diagram is as follows:

1.png

The configuration software is as follows:

2.png

Looking forward to your reply.Thank you very much!

Best regards

Andy Zhang

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Andy Zhang,

Please provide a screen shot of the device manager when the board is connected. Also, go to properties of the enumerated device and check the error reported.

Looks like issue with the schematics.

Please refer to this KBA: USB-Serial: Hardware Design Schematic Checklist - KBA231249 and make sure all the points are met.

The Reset pin should not be left floating. Please pull up the pin to VDDD using a suitable resistor.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Andy Zhang,

Please provide a screen shot of the device manager when the board is connected. Also, go to properties of the enumerated device and check the error reported.

Looks like issue with the schematics.

Please refer to this KBA: USB-Serial: Hardware Design Schematic Checklist - KBA231249 and make sure all the points are met.

The Reset pin should not be left floating. Please pull up the pin to VDDD using a suitable resistor.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Dear Yatheesh,

Thank you very much for sparing your precious time to solve my problem.

A screen shot of the device manager is as follows:

1603192871(1).jpg

Properties :

1.png

I think this resistor may be greatly affected, so I will arrange a new proofing.

Thanks

Andy Zhang

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if you still face the same issue after correcting the schematic?

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Dear Yatheesh,

I tried it on the new sample, but it still doesn't work.The updated schematic is as follows, just adding a resistor and capacitor to the reset pin.During the test, I also removed the capacitor and the resistor pull-up, and it didn't work either.In my actual test,the VDD is 3.13V.

Now I can't do anything about it.

1604116034.jpg

Thanks,

Andy Zhang

0 Likes

Hello,

The schematic looks fine.

VDD is 3.13V.

This should not cause any issues for enumerations.

1. Can you please try manually binding the device to the cyusb3.sys driver present in <install directory>\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\USB-Serial SDK\Cypress USB-Serial Driver\DriverBinary\Vendor_Driver\bin ?

2. Do you see the same issue on different PCs? Please connect the device directly to the PC (not through Hubs/Docking station).

3. Try Restarting the PC and running the batch file (dpInstScript.bat) present in the attached driver package. This will install the latest drivers on the system.

Thanks,

Yatheesh