Attach a sensor to CYUSB306x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ahhy_4515671
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried to build a camera & sensor system using CYUSB306x and camera (MIPI) , sensors (UART) and BLDC Motor & Control board (I2C)

Using this system, I want to receive video data and sensor data at the same time , and control BLDC motor .

To achieve this purpose, i would like to have the hardware configuration as shown in the attached figure.

Is it possible to use CYUSB306x like this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

EZ-USB CX3 is a bridge controller that can connect devices with the MIPI CSI-2 interface to any USB 3.0 Host.CX3 also provides interfaces to connect to serial peripherals such as UART, SPI, I2C, and I2S.

As per the application block diagram that you have shared, please find the below specifications of UART and I2C blocks of CX3

1) CX3 is  MIPI CSI-2 compliant and it supports up to four data lanes (CYUSB3065 supports up to four lanes; CYUSB3064 supports up to two lanes). Each lane supports up to 1 Gbps.

2) Cx3's UART block is capable of generating a range of baud rates, from 300 bps to 4608 Kbps, selectable by the firmware

3) CX3’s I2C interface is compatible with the I2C Bus Specification Revision 3. CX3 acts as an I2C master and the I2C controller supports bus frequencies of 400 kHz, and 1 MHz. Please refer to the attached CX3 block diagram which shows that the MIPI CSI-2-based image sensor connects to CX3 and is configured using the Camera Control Interface (I2C) bus and the MIPI CSI-2 block is configured over I2C and is available on the CX3 I2C bus at the 7-bit I2C slave address 7’b0000111. So, please confirm that there is synchronization on the I2C bus (this should be taken care of in the firmware) i.e. the I2C bus is not simultaneously driven while communicating with the motor, MIPI CSI2 camera, and MIPI CSI-2.

4) Please refer to the CX3 datasheet https://www.cypress.com/file/133591/download for the operating voltage range of these serial interfaces.

Please confirm if the peripherals that you are planning to attach to CX3 meet the specifications above( as mentioned in the CX3 datasheet). If yes, then the peripherals can be connected to CX3

5) CX3 architecture includes a DMA fabric that is used to steer data between various peripheral interfaces and system memory. this will allow you to communicate with peripherals attached to serial interfaces (UART and I2C) and the MIPI CSI2 camera simultaneously.

Please refer to CX3 TRM for more details https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/ez-usb-cx3-technical-reference-man... on CX3

Please let me know if any queries on this

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

EZ-USB CX3 is a bridge controller that can connect devices with the MIPI CSI-2 interface to any USB 3.0 Host.CX3 also provides interfaces to connect to serial peripherals such as UART, SPI, I2C, and I2S.

As per the application block diagram that you have shared, please find the below specifications of UART and I2C blocks of CX3

1) CX3 is  MIPI CSI-2 compliant and it supports up to four data lanes (CYUSB3065 supports up to four lanes; CYUSB3064 supports up to two lanes). Each lane supports up to 1 Gbps.

2) Cx3's UART block is capable of generating a range of baud rates, from 300 bps to 4608 Kbps, selectable by the firmware

3) CX3’s I2C interface is compatible with the I2C Bus Specification Revision 3. CX3 acts as an I2C master and the I2C controller supports bus frequencies of 400 kHz, and 1 MHz. Please refer to the attached CX3 block diagram which shows that the MIPI CSI-2-based image sensor connects to CX3 and is configured using the Camera Control Interface (I2C) bus and the MIPI CSI-2 block is configured over I2C and is available on the CX3 I2C bus at the 7-bit I2C slave address 7’b0000111. So, please confirm that there is synchronization on the I2C bus (this should be taken care of in the firmware) i.e. the I2C bus is not simultaneously driven while communicating with the motor, MIPI CSI2 camera, and MIPI CSI-2.

4) Please refer to the CX3 datasheet https://www.cypress.com/file/133591/download for the operating voltage range of these serial interfaces.

Please confirm if the peripherals that you are planning to attach to CX3 meet the specifications above( as mentioned in the CX3 datasheet). If yes, then the peripherals can be connected to CX3

5) CX3 architecture includes a DMA fabric that is used to steer data between various peripheral interfaces and system memory. this will allow you to communicate with peripherals attached to serial interfaces (UART and I2C) and the MIPI CSI2 camera simultaneously.

Please refer to CX3 TRM for more details https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/ez-usb-cx3-technical-reference-man... on CX3

Please let me know if any queries on this

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes