CYBT-343026-01 Android HAL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

Please tell me about CYBT-343026-01.

Do you provide the source code for Android HAL for Bluetooth?

Version is Android 9.0

The connection method is HCI UART.

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi hata_3396041 ,

If a host MCU wanted to communicate with the Cypress BLE device application via UART, we usually follow WICED HCI control protocols.

btsdk-docs/WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf at master · cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-docs · GitHub

Capture.PNG

We have host application tools such as ClientControl - supported platforms are Window, Linux and macOS.

"CYBT-343026-01 supports HCI UART, so I would like to use the Android stack"

Are you trying to make a wired connection (UART) between the mobile and CYBT-343026-01?

If yes, We don't have suitable host app implementation on Android which communicates over UART.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know little more details regarding the actual feature implementation your are planning on android?

Most of the android/IOS peer application source code is available with the SDK (or in the website documentation).

For example: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-mobile-app 

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello Dheeraj

・Use BLE to act as a master for connecting to PTT speaker microphones

・Operates as a slave for bluetooth connection from a PC and data communication with the outside using the communication function

The main specifications are these two.

Since CySmart is built with Android HAL, is it okay to refer to this?

Is the source code for Android HAL provided?

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes

Hi hata_3396041 ,

Sorry, we couldn't understand your query properly.

From your description in last response, I believe you want to develop a BLE Central (master) which can connect and communicate with PTT speaker mic.

However its not clear whether you want to develop that LE Central with CYBT-343026-01 or a mobile phone.

If CYBT-343026-01 , you have to develop a custom BLE application (in embedded C) which can connect & communicate with the PTT speaker using our SDK.

You may refer to getting started appnote for CYBT-343026-01 here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an223400-getting-started-ez-bt-wiced-modules​ Let us know if you need any clarification.

CySmart is a generic BLE Central test mobile app (Android / iOS) which can be connected to any LE peripheral. You can try connecting PTT speaker with CySmart app. But I am not sure about your end application requirement. So you may have to modify & develop a custom mobile app to make it function as per your end application requirement. However we don't provide support on mobile app development.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hello Anjana-san

Use CYBT-343026-01 as central instead of mobile.

CYBT-343026-01 supports HCI UART, so I would like to use the Android stack.

Therefore, Android HAL is required, so please provide it.

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes

Hi hata_3396041 ,

If a host MCU wanted to communicate with the Cypress BLE device application via UART, we usually follow WICED HCI control protocols.

btsdk-docs/WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf at master · cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-docs · GitHub

Capture.PNG

We have host application tools such as ClientControl - supported platforms are Window, Linux and macOS.

"CYBT-343026-01 supports HCI UART, so I would like to use the Android stack"

Are you trying to make a wired connection (UART) between the mobile and CYBT-343026-01?

If yes, We don't have suitable host app implementation on Android which communicates over UART.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes