Has the Select MiddleWare option been removed from Modus Toolbox?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoHe_4790141
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

I'm trying to follow this tutorial:

https://www.cypress.com/blog/technical/creating-bluetooth-le-peripheral-using-modustoolbox-2

...but can't find the Select MiddleWare menu option.

0 Likes
1 Solution

RoHe,

I selected a different PSoC that has BLE resources.

Here is the new library window.

pastedImage_0.png

Is this what you are looking for?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

rohe,

I'm in ModusToolbox 2.2.

I select a proejct then select "Library Manager"

The following window opens and I select the "Libraries" Tab.

pastedImage_0.png

Is this what you are posting about?

Len

Len

Yep, that looks like the closest thing. However, that tutorial I referenced instructs the reader to select the following libraries, which don't appear in my list:

• Bluetooth Low Energy Base
  • Bluetooth Low Energy single-core mode, controller and host on CM4 only, soft FP prebuilt library

I believe I'm using the same device as the person who wrote the article. Any idea where to find, and then add, those libraries?

0 Likes

RoHe,

I selected a different PSoC that has BLE resources.

Here is the new library window.

pastedImage_0.png

Is this what you are looking for?

Len

Len

This is correct.

The screenshots from Mark's original blog were MTB1.1 ... we made quite a few changes to make the flows work better.  Unfortunately that made some of our documentation obsolete.  I apologize for that... if it makes you feel any better (and it shouldn't) it also messed up some of my www.iotexpert.com posts.

Alan

AlanH_86 wrote:

... I apologize for that... if it makes you feel any better (and it shouldn't) it also messed up some of my www.iotexpert.com posts.

Alan

That made me laugh!!!

0 Likes

Thanks, Len. That got me partway there, but the original tutorial code still has references to "cy_ble_gatt.h," which doesn't seem to exist. Referring to Alan's response, I bet it's just an outdate reference.

0 Likes

RoHe,

Suggestion:  Trying loading another example project in MTB 2.2 that uses BLE.  A more recent load of example hopefully works with MTB 2.2.  Build the project an get it working.  Then you can see what pieces are available such as "cy_ble_gatt.h".

Len

Len
0 Likes