BLE - WiFi libraries, Building error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
gisc_1091076
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 5 questions asked First question asked

Hi,

I have been using the evaboard psoc 62S2 43012. I am started from the example project 'AnyCloud_BLE_Environmental_Sensing_Service'  to developt the my application. I want add to this example the library of the wifi contained on the example 'AnyCloud_WLAN_Low_Power'. I ha added through Library Manager -> Libraries the follows librarys:

LPA

lwIP

mbedTLS

secure-sockets

wifi-connection-manager

wifi-host-driver

wifi-mw-core

And i have modified il Makefile in this way, i have added (i attacched the file 'Makefile'):

COMPONENTS= FREERTOS WICED_BLE LWIP MBEDTLS CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS

INCLUDES=

MBEDTLSFLAGS = MBEDTLS_USER_CONFIG_FILE='"mbedtls_user_config.h"'

DEFINES=CY_RETARGET_IO_CONVERT_LF_TO_CRLF CY_RTOS_AWARE CYBSP_WIFI_CAPABLE

When i build the project the modusToolbox return this errors (i attacched the file 'list errors') :

libs/mbedtls/library/entropy_poll.c:55:2: error: #error "Platform entropy sources only work on Unix and Windows, see MBEDTLS_NO_PLATFORM_ENTROPY in config.h"

- Why the modusToolbox return this error ?

- I have followed this appNote 'ModusToolbox_Library_Manager_User_Guide.pdf' to import the wifi library, did i made errors ?

- This library wifi is compatible with module murata Type1LV ?

Thanks you

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach

gisc_1091076

The error that is being faced is because the WICED_BLE defines is not present and you are using BLE libraries.

My bad, I wasn't clear enough with my previous response and should've explained why I told so.

The thing with your project was that, you had COMPONENTS = CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS and DISABLE_COMPONENTS= BSP_DESIGN_MODUS but in the project there was no COMPONENT_CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS folder and you had disabled the default BSP_DESIGN_MODUS and hence you were facing that issue.

Also your Makefile had 2 defines. I have commented out the 2nd one and the build went through.

Attached is the logs and the modified project. I have removed the libs folder. Please do a make getlibs from /ModusToolbox/tools_2.1/modus-shell/Cygwin.bat and then build and it will go through.

PS: In the main.c the stack size and the task priority wasn't defined in the MACRO given by you. Hence I have added 2 arbitrary numbers for that for the build to go through. Please change that as and how needed.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
lock attach
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

gisc_1091076  I am guessing your Makefile is wrong and hence the issue. I have attached mine which is the default example and the build went through. Try changing this and see if the build goes through. If not, can you checkout the default example from GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-anycloud-wlan-lowpower: This code example demonstrates t... and build and it should work. I too had seen this error sometime back and the error went away by making the right changes in the Makefile.

I am guessing that in this case it is because the DEFINES=$(MBEDTLSFLAGS) is missing. Anyway if you do any of the 3 steps mentioned above, you should be able to get the build done.

0 Likes
lock attach

Thanks you,

I have used the Makefile that you posted but i don't resolved the my problem. I have added also DEFINES=$(MBEDTLSFLAGS) (I atteched the Makefile i have used) but when i build the project modusToolbox return these errors (i attacched the file 'list errors rev02') :

./libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/cybsp_types.h:32:10: fatal error: cycfg.h: No such file or directory

#include "cycfg.h"

what my problem depends ?

I attached also my project.

0 Likes

Hi,

Sorry, can you help me ? this error block the development the my project.

Thanks you.

0 Likes

gisc_1091076 sorry for the delay. But the issue is with your makefile.

Remove the CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS from the components and BSP_DESIGN_MODUS from the DISABLE_COMPONENTS.

The Build should go through after this.

Let me know if any issues come up after this.

Thanks

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

I have modified the Makefile following your suggestions, now i have another type errors. I attached the log.

Thanks you

0 Likes
lock attach

gisc_1091076

The error that is being faced is because the WICED_BLE defines is not present and you are using BLE libraries.

My bad, I wasn't clear enough with my previous response and should've explained why I told so.

The thing with your project was that, you had COMPONENTS = CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS and DISABLE_COMPONENTS= BSP_DESIGN_MODUS but in the project there was no COMPONENT_CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS folder and you had disabled the default BSP_DESIGN_MODUS and hence you were facing that issue.

Also your Makefile had 2 defines. I have commented out the 2nd one and the build went through.

Attached is the logs and the modified project. I have removed the libs folder. Please do a make getlibs from /ModusToolbox/tools_2.1/modus-shell/Cygwin.bat and then build and it will go through.

PS: In the main.c the stack size and the task priority wasn't defined in the MACRO given by you. Hence I have added 2 arbitrary numbers for that for the build to go through. Please change that as and how needed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Thanks you, the project execute build correctly.

AlanH_86
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

That answer doesn't help him because he has a custom BSP

0 Likes