HelloWorld not working on CY8CPROTO-062-4343W

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiWi_4702256
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins Welcome! 5 solutions authored

I want to use the GitHub - iotexpert/middleware-ntshell: An MBED Implementation of NTShell from IOTExpert Alan Hawse which is part of the GitHub - iotexpert/wcm_example  which will allow me to send commands to the network buffer to simulate commands coming from the AWS IoT Core.

This works on my PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit but not the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W PSoC 6 WiFi BT PROTOTYPING KIT. I tried the HelloWorld example and it does not allow me to use the enter key to pause the blinking led.

I have J3 jumpered to 1.8v but that shouldn't matter correct? I need 1.8v on VTARG to drive SDIO pins.

Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlanH_86
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

I took a brand new CY8CPROTO-062-4343W out of the box....  it works for me on both settings... 1.8 and 3.3v

Does the LED blink?

One thing that I hav done multiple times is plug into the wrong USB connector.... but I assume you got it to program.

Did you have multiple kits plugged in at the same time?

Alan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Can you please tell me which version of ModusToolbox you are using? Some of the latest code examples are not backward compatible. One of them is the HelloWorld application. Please check the Requirements section in the ReadMe of the code example to see which version the code example is targeting.

Download the latest version of ModusToolbox here and check if it works.

The mismatch could be the reason that your application isn't working. Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Yes I tried the Modustoolbox 2.2 I posted about that and it still did not work. I have actually uninstalled all programmers and let windows install the default windows serial driver and then reinstalled kitprog3 driver from MTB 2.2 tools and it did not work.

I am going to order another Kit. I now believe that I damaged the kit when I did some soldering.

Alan just verified that it works on the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W out of the box. So I consider that the answer and I accept that I damaged my kit. Thanks!

0 Likes
AlanH_86
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

I took a brand new CY8CPROTO-062-4343W out of the box....  it works for me on both settings... 1.8 and 3.3v

Does the LED blink?

One thing that I hav done multiple times is plug into the wrong USB connector.... but I assume you got it to program.

Did you have multiple kits plugged in at the same time?

Alan

Thank you Alan. And thank you for the NTShell and wcm_example!!!

You just verified that it works on the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W out of the box.

So I accept that I damaged my kit. Thanks!

P.S. Yes the led was blinking in both the HelloWorld and the NTShell...

0 Likes