Unable to Download Modustoolbox 2.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiWi_4702256
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins Welcome! 5 solutions authored

I am using up to date version of Google Chrome

chrome.gif

Unable to download Modustoolbox 2.2.

I tried Firefox and was successful. Just heads up. Use Firefox to download Modustoolbox 2.2 until Google gets their act together...

William

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I faced the same issue. I tried clearing all browser-related data and all cookies but the error seemed to persist. Not really what is causing it. But the simplest hack would be to paste the link https://www.cypress.com/ModusToolboxForWindows in a new tab and it should download the installer automatically.

Let me know if this works for you as well.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

6 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi William,

Can you please try in another system if you have?

Or Can you try downloading in incognoto mode?

If still you are seeing the problem, can you please attach the screenshot of the error you are seeing?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Actually there isnt an error, it just does nothing... I did grab the link and post it in another Google Chrome session and I have posted that "error" above...

0 Likes

Ganesh,

DheerajK_81​ posted a workaround. That works in Google Chrome, because of that I am going to mark this answered.

I mention this to you since it appeared to me that you might be troubleshooting to see if it was on our side...

I doubt it is. Google Chrome has been as issue before. On that one all I did was ensure I updated to latest version of Google chrome and that fixed the problem. Not the case here. I am at the latest version of Google Chrome.

Thanks,William

0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I faced the same issue. I tried clearing all browser-related data and all cookies but the error seemed to persist. Not really what is causing it. But the simplest hack would be to paste the link https://www.cypress.com/ModusToolboxForWindows in a new tab and it should download the installer automatically.

Let me know if this works for you as well.

Regards,
Dheeraj

I tried what you asked and it would not do anything when I clicked on the link... Opened another window in Google Chrome and pasted the link and at least this time I got a response noted below:

wouldnotwork.jpg

P.S. Ohhhh, I see... Yes using this link https://www.cypress.com/ModusToolboxForWindows

pasted in Google Chrome did work for me...

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

I ran into the same problem.  I ended up copying and pasting the link into my Chrome Browser.  That worked.

I tried the suggestion to launch an Incognito Session on Chrome.  That worked too.

Len

PS:  I generally use Chrome and I've been having difficulties with other download links (for PSoC Creator) on the Cypress site.  I had to copy and paste the link to the browser address to get it to download.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."