Can I access the PSOC's reset pin in my PSoC Creator design?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrDe_1255121
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to access a PSoC5 LP's reset pin to use in some combinatorial logic in my PSoC design.

Is there a way to access this pin without running it into another I/O pin?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

GrDe,

I am guessing that it would be possible to reset PSoC internally by using DMA, triggered by the internal logic. Upon hardware request then DMA will transfer some code to the reset registers.

See also Software Reset and CySoftwareReset() procedure.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

I guess you are asking about XRES pin. Please note that XRES pin is dedicated pin used to reset the device. This pin is not accessible through the application code/firmware.

Can you please elaborate more on the requirement? We will check and let you know if there are any other ways to achieve the purpose.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Yes, sorry, I meant the XRES pin.

I'd like to use the PSoC5 LP's XRES pin in some combinatorial glue logic that's used external to the PSOC5.

The only way I've found to do this is to bring the reset signal in another PSOC5 pin.

I was hoping I could somehow use the XRES pin...

Thanks for the reply!

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

GrDe,

You can externally hook up almost any PSoC GPIO pin to the XRES pin with an external trace.  (Sorry, no internal access using TopDesign).

The GPIO pins default as digital input at reset and the XRES has an internal pullup.  When externally connected, you can change the GPIO pin to output and drive it low continuously (infinite loop).  When the CPU goes into reset, the GPIO pin will automatically return to it's digital input state.

If you want to avoid an external connection between two PSoC pins and avoid the GPIO pin, there is a SRES mechanism that ONLY needs SW to invoke a Software RESet.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

GrDe,

I am guessing that it would be possible to reset PSoC internally by using DMA, triggered by the internal logic. Upon hardware request then DMA will transfer some code to the reset registers.

See also Software Reset and CySoftwareReset() procedure.

/odissey1