Device is not provisioning / configuring on on Android helper Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaSa_4767806
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hello,

I have flashed the light_dimmable and on_off_switch example code in two different boards.

When I tried to add device after creating a new network in android helper application i am not getting configuration successful / process complete message. When click on add devices can see devices "Dimmable Light" and "Switch" devices in list, after selecting device and and add could not see process complete message.

Followed the procedure for same as mention in "Getting started with Bluetooth mesh document".

Using WICED studio 6.4,

Android helper APK  (i.e. MeshLightingController.apk) downloaded from the path WICED-Studio-6.4\common\apps\snip\mesh\peerapps\Android\src\bin

Phone is having Android ver. 8.1.0

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Dheeraj,

Now I could able to Provision the Devices on android phone, with the help of platform modification as mentioned in WICED Studio: Platform Files for CYBT-423028-EVAL - KBA223637​.

Thank for the support.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I will try to check the Android app issue and get back you soon.

Did you try with Meshclient (Windows) application or IOS app?

May I know which chip/board you are using?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi DheerajP_41,

I haven't tried with Mesh client or iOS, need to check with this, as I don't have BLE dongle as of now so could not test MeshClient, need to find iOS device for same.

I am using CYBT423028-EAVL.

If any more details you need let me know.

Thanks

Rahul

0 Likes

Hi,

May I know how consistent it is?

Are you able to provision the device on the second try?  or after close and reopening the mesh app.

One known issue which is intermittent in nature is detected in android mesh app which is documented in the readme.txt. (\common\apps\snip\mesh\peerapps\Android\src\bin\readme.txt). Please have a look.

Known Issue: "Sometime Gatt connection fails on android and the log shows GATT 133 connection error. This issue is under debug in Android community"

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

I tried provisioning devices by closing and reopening app, every time devices could provisioned.

I even tried by re installing the app, and flashing the code again to Dev board, then also getting same issue.

As mentioned in Known Issue, I don't even getting message GATT 133 connection error.

Hi,

Could you please try using the MeshApp which is there in the playstore?

Cypress MeshApp - Apps on Google Play

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

I tried with MeshApp from play store, with this also facing same issue.

meanwhile I am purchasing following BLE dongle, just want to confirm will it work for Client Control (Windows app) ?

https://www.amazon.in/Richvolt-USB-Bluetooth-Adapter-Bluetooth-Enabled/dp/B08JHXJPLV?ref_=Oct_s9_apb...https://www.amazon.in/Richvolt-USB-Bluetooth-Adapter-Bluetooth-Enabled/dp/B08JHXJPLV?ref_=Oct_s9_apb...

if not, any specific recommendation from cypress for BLE dongle ?

HI,

Any generic Bluetooth dongle will be enough for using MeshClient. But it needs Windows10 OS.

Dongle is not needed for ClientControl. Clientcontrol should use mesh_provision_client embedded app and its controller.

I will check internally whether there is any platform related issues in CYBT423028-EAVL specifically. Provisioning works pretty much good with CYW920719Q40EVB-01 board in my testing. (Both boards have same chip 20719B1).

Could you please share Android ADB logs with us.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi Dheeraj,

Now I could able to Provision the Devices on android phone, with the help of platform modification as mentioned in WICED Studio: Platform Files for CYBT-423028-EVAL - KBA223637​.

Thank for the support.