WICED 3.5.3 Broken Document Links

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I notice that there are a bunch of documents that have links in the document directory that have broken links (i.e. they weren't in the installer).

Specifically:

file:///C:/WICED-SDK-3.5.2/doc/WICED-Application-Framework-April-2013.pdf

file:///C:/WICED-SDK-3.5.2/doc/WICED-SDK-Software-Stack.pdf

The two things that I am specifically looking for

1. How do you create a new "blank" project?  (obviously I can run all of the examples)

2.  Is there a software architecture overview... how board support works.. how the RTOS abstraction layer works.

Thanks,

Alan

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

When in WICED-SDK/doc/API/API.html

and clicking on the links shown above, a "not found" occurs. Browsing the folder shows most / all of these documents missing.

0 Likes

I believe some of these are no longer available/deprecated as this looks like an old list.

Take a look at the available documentation here: WICED Wi-Fi Documents & Downloads

The SDK, AppNotes, Eval Board design files, etc. are all listed on this page.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update.

As davidep pointed out in post 2, the doc directory on 3.5.2 has those links in the api.html file.  It would probably be better if that was fixed.

Alan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can we get the deprecated documents.

Sometimes an old incorrect document is better than no document at all.

I would like all of the old deprecated documents.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

Originally we included the documents as part of each WICED SDK release but on newer releases, we've chosen to consolidate these in a specific area on the community website WICED Wi-Fi Documents & Downloads  along with other support materials, datasheets etc.

I've just had a look back through the older SDK releases I have on my test machine and at least as late as SDK 3.1.2, we included the docs in the SDK package so you can still access them, albeit with a little hunting through older SDK releases.

Regards

Dave