CX3 raw pixel packing for RAW10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChLi_3297401
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

My sensor has 1280 pixels/line, each pixel is 10 bits, I want to deserialize data into RGB888 format, then the bus will be 24-bit wide (three pixels per clock will be transferred). However, I got redundant data from GPIF if I do this setting. How to adjust the sensor or CX3 setting to correct this problem. Please advise, thanks !

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

If you choose RGB888 output format in CX3 MIPI interface configuration, then as you said, for each PCLK 24 bits will be driven from MIPI receiver block to GPIF block of CX3.

In your case, line size is 1280 * 10 bits = 12800 bits. To transfer these bits number of PCLKs needed is 12800 / 24 = 533.333 - which is not integral number. So, with this line size it is not possible to choose 24 bit output from MIPI receiver. You can try 16 bit output instead.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

If you choose RGB888 output format in CX3 MIPI interface configuration, then as you said, for each PCLK 24 bits will be driven from MIPI receiver block to GPIF block of CX3.

In your case, line size is 1280 * 10 bits = 12800 bits. To transfer these bits number of PCLKs needed is 12800 / 24 = 533.333 - which is not integral number. So, with this line size it is not possible to choose 24 bit output from MIPI receiver. You can try 16 bit output instead.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

Hi, HemanthR_06

Thanks for your reply, you give me a big help !

As you said, the line size must be 24 bit alignment, then if I set sensor output to 1296 pixels/line, each pixel is still 10 bits.

So line size is 12960 bits, and it can be transferred by RGB888 format. Is it right ?

Thanks !

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

Yes. You are correct. 24-bit output is possible with 1296 pixels per line.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth