I can no longer run PSoC Creator 4.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Cypress,

As of this morning, I can no longer run PSoC Creator 4.3.   Yesterday, I was able to successfully build a Creator-based program and program a KIT with the code.

This morning, I now receive the following response from the same project when trying to build:

pastedImage_0.png

If I try to load another program I get the following when just trying to open the project:

pastedImage_1.png

The details of this error are attached to this post.

I then uninstalled Creator 4.3 and reinstalled this version.

The same results!

I'm running:

• Intel i7 with 4 CPUs.

Regarding Creator projects. I appear to be "dead in the water".   I have not found a project that loads or builds.

Let me know if I can supply more info.

Note:  Do you realize that the official Cypress PSoC Creator 4.3 download link is not working?  https://www.cypress.com/file/502331/download

Len

Update:

I downloaded the iso image version "psoc_creator_4.3_b1445.iso"

I uninstalled Creator 4.3 again and used the iso image to reinstall it.

I now get a new error message that prevents the install.

pastedImage_0.png

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma    Update with Process Monitor info using Process = psoc_creator.exe. I stopped the process log immediately after the exception is received.

Update:  Here is Visual Studio 2019 output window with JIT debugging attachment to psoc_creator.exe.  It appears that the variable "givenPathname" being loaded into the function cycmbase.dll!CyDesigner.Common.Base.CyPathUtil.CreateCanonical(String givenPathname, String anchorDirectory, CyErr& errors) is NULL.

pastedImage_0.png

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma  Update with Visual Studio 2019 JIT debugging attachment to psoc_creator.exe.

Update:  I have a little more JIT debug info from the exception.  Disassembly and Register info:

pastedImage_2.png

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma Update: Disassembly and Register info.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Len,

Can you please try the steps mentioned in this thread: PSoC Creator "NullReferenceException"

The thread is related to 4.2, but should be applicable for 4.3 as well. Instead of 4.2, just replace it with 4.3 wherever appropriate.

Let me know if it works after that.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9

Cypress,

Apparently this issue has appeared to other users as well.

PSoC Creator 4.1 won't open projects anymore. "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in yo...

PSoC creator 4.3 unable to open any project

Len

Len
0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9

Update

Design of experiments

I loaded different versions of PSoC Creator.  Here are my results:

PSoC Creator VersionSuccess/Fail
3.3 CP3Success
4.0Success
4.1 Update 1Success
4.2Success
4.3Fail

Another note:   I previously listed that

PSoC Creator 4.3 download link is not working

.  If you click on the link located on the page https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide#tabs-0-bottom_side-7

or any of the links on page https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive don't work.

However if you copy the link and load it into a browser address, it does work.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hello Len,

Can you please try the steps mentioned in this thread: PSoC Creator "NullReferenceException"

The thread is related to 4.2, but should be applicable for 4.3 as well. Instead of 4.2, just replace it with 4.3 wherever appropriate.

Let me know if it works after that.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

Thanks for responding.

About the steps ...

1) Open run command (Win + R) and type "appwiz.cpl". This will open the Programs and Features window.

2) Uninstall PSoC Creator 4.2

3) Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator" and delete the folder named 4.2

4) Navigate to "C:\Users\<PC_name>\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator" and delete the folder named 4.2

The steps 3 and 4 needs to be done only if the uninstallation procedure wasn't able to delete these folders.

I performed steps 1, 2 and 3 for Creator 4.3 without step 4.  Reinstalled

Results:  Still fails the same way.

Step 4 was originally difficult for me to perform because the "AppData" directory doesn't show up.  However it was there but hidden.

I uninstalled 4.3 again, performed steps 1 through 4.  REinstalled 4.3.

Results:  It works!!!    A thought: Apparently something in "C:\Users\<PC_name>\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\4.3" got corrupted.  In the uninstall, why doesn't Creator delete this directory.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hello Len,

Glad to hear that it works!

Yes I would expect the uninstaller to remove these files. I will pass this query to the software team to understand more on this. Will update the thread when I get a response, locking the thread for now.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes