can PC send a special command to reset FX3 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GlWa_4148656
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

In my application,  FX3 is used as slave FIFO, in which i enable the AUTO-DMA mode, it means that i can not control any internal register or ram,  this chip act as a FIFO-black box.

if hot plug exists, any speacial operation from PC can reset the device ?  to make sure the rest of data in memory don`t affect the next transfer.

similarly, i think the GPIF-II logic part in FPGA may be reset when usb hot plug happened, so when it happens, i may need a hardware signal from FX3 to notify FPGA to reset relevant logic parts, is there any good solution ? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Thank you for the confirmation.

CyU3PUsbRegisterEventCallback API is used to register a USB event callback function with the USB driver. This function will be invoked by the driver every time a USB event of interest happens.

Please refer to the FX3 API Guide for the different types of USB events defined in CyU3PUsbEventType_t. One of these events is CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_CONNECT this occurs when the USB connection is successful.  You can check for this event and notify the FPGA using a GPIO.

Note: You can also refer to the bulksrcsink example of the SDK to get more details about the implementation of CyU3PUsbRegisterEventCallback API.

Please let me know if any queries on this

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that FX3 needs to be reset, and on reset, the FPGA also needs to be notified. Is my understanding correct?

- Please let me know your meaning of "hot-plug exists". Is it like FX3 will initially be in the self-powered mode and then FX3 will be connected to the host. On connecting FX3 to the host FX3 should be reset . Is it correct?

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Sure, all your understandings are correct !  

when the USB port is re-connected to host, i think the there may exist a scheme which can reset all relevant parts in FX3,  and the FX3 driver part in FPGA should be reset as well ,so i need a hardware signal from FX3 to notify FPGA when USB port is re-connected to host, if this "hardware signal" is a kind of dedicated "connect successful notification" signal belong to FX3 , that will be perfect and easy for me, hah.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for the confirmation.

CyU3PUsbRegisterEventCallback API is used to register a USB event callback function with the USB driver. This function will be invoked by the driver every time a USB event of interest happens.

Please refer to the FX3 API Guide for the different types of USB events defined in CyU3PUsbEventType_t. One of these events is CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_CONNECT this occurs when the USB connection is successful.  You can check for this event and notify the FPGA using a GPIO.

Note: You can also refer to the bulksrcsink example of the SDK to get more details about the implementation of CyU3PUsbRegisterEventCallback API.

Please let me know if any queries on this

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

Thanks for your solution!  rashi,   i will check those API relate to your words.

0 Likes
GlWa_4148656
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Thanks for your solution!  rashi,   i will check those API relate to your words.

0 Likes