How to setting Central & Peripheral Roles together.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

santol

Per the dialog here: How to setting Central & Peripheral Roles together.

Can this article be used for Wiced Sense Tag? I have tried to do that things under topic as below but i have failed.When i downloaded the hello sensor app in Sense Tag, sense tag is being invisible by smartphone and LeHelloClient app. How can I test Wiced Sense Tag like this. Meanwhile i am new too.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help?

0 Likes

WICED Sense is not a suitable platform to do this. You should get the tag4 for your application development/verification instead. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for reply. Then how can i understand which application is suitable for Wiced Sense in SDK.?

0 Likes

First of all, you may refer to Testing Master and Slave Roles for a better understanding of the simultaneous roles.

You may use mybeacon, wiced_sense or hello_sensor. I recommend you try out hello_sensor for a start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have IOS device and Windows device that includes bluetooth modul, because of this i tried with Android devices but you said wiced sense not suitable. Do ı have any other option to try out hello_sensor?

0 Likes

Hardware User Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

The TAG3 is our development platform.

There is a newer TAG4, but it essentially adds sensors and complexity.  The TAG3 is more simple, tried and proven.

0 Likes

You should be able to get Hello sensor working at least. Please try the following procedure.

1. Plug in Sense to PC

2. Press the reset button to bring Sense into programming mode

3. Build program image and download from WICED Smart SDK

pastedImage_0.png

4. Once it finishes downloading you should see a "hello" device on your android device.

I just tried it and am able to pair with the hello sensor. I am using LightBlue on iOS but you should be able to do the same on Android LeHelloClient. Perhaps try a different client app if it is not working.

In order to verify your Sense hardware is working properly, try downloading wiced_sense app onto Sense and check with LeHelloClient or Broadcom's Android WICED Sense app.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes

Android phones are fine. Do download the app "WICED Smart Explorer" from Play Store and use it to discover your hello_sensor (running on SENSE kit).

0 Likes