What is the current rating of the GPIO pins on the CYW43907?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StHo_4666216
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Can't seem to find the output specifications for the GPIO pins on the CYW43907. The datasheet only mentions voltage specs. Seems pretty basic to include in the datasheet...

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashM
50 solutions authored First question asked 250 sign-ins

Hi

So the feedback from the internal (hardware) team is: the max drive strength of GPIO is 8mA.

We have requested the team to update the datasheet of 43907 and 54907 with the drive strength data. Once the datasheet is updated I will update you with the same.

Sorry for the delay in the responses

Regards,

Yash

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YashM

Hi

Sorry for the delay

As per the information got from the internal team, GPIOs can drive max up to 2mA.

I will update the forum if I have any new information for the same.

Thank you

0 Likes

Yash,

I don't think 2mA is correct. On page 9 of the CYW43907EVAL1F schematic.pdf there are two LED's - one is driven by PWM3, and the other is driven by GPIO_9. The series resistors R166, and R167 are both 150 ohm. Assuming a 1V drop across the LED, that's at least 15mA being sunk by the pins when the LED's turn on. That's a lot more than 2mA! Either the EVAL kit should be frying those outputs or there's more to it. Is there a document that we can see with the current rating of the pins? Seems like a pretty basic requirement.

Thanks

0 Likes
YashM

Hi

So the feedback from the internal (hardware) team is: the max drive strength of GPIO is 8mA.

We have requested the team to update the datasheet of 43907 and 54907 with the drive strength data. Once the datasheet is updated I will update you with the same.

Sorry for the delay in the responses

Regards,

Yash

0 Likes
StHo_4666216
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Thank you! Might be a good idea to update the datasheet to show the current ratings.

0 Likes