Provision LPN as power on/off server - CYW920719Q40EVB-01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AmCC_4784366
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to provision my cypress CYW920719Q40EVB-01 as a LPN in the mesh network. I'm using the /apps/snip/mesh power onoff server and downloading to my board. I have a client device (not cypress) and a smart bulb that's already provisioned in the mesh network to act as a friend node. When I try to provision the cypress device as LPN, it says provisioning configuration was not complete. I'm wondering if there's anything else I need to change in the mesh_power_onoff_server.c file or the makefile, except for adding LOW_POWER_NODE=1 in order to successfully provision the cypress device to my mesh network. Thanks!

Here is the config I'm using (default one)

#if defined(LOW_POWER_NODE) && (LOW_POWER_NODE == 1)

.features           = WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_FEATURE_BIT_LOW_POWER, // A bit field indicating the device features. In Low Power mode no Relay, no Proxy and no Friend

.friend_cfg         =                                           // Empty Configuration of the Friend Feature

{

.receive_window = 0,                                        // Receive Window value in milliseconds supported by the Friend node.

.cache_buf_len  = 0,                                        // Length of the buffer for the cache

.max_lpn_num    = 0                                         // Max number of Low Power Nodes with established friendship. Must be > 0 if Friend feature is supported.

},

.low_power          =                                           // Configuration of the Low Power Feature

{

.rssi_factor           = 2,                                 // contribution of the RSSI measured by the Friend node used in Friend Offer Delay calculations.

.receive_window_factor = 2,                                 // contribution of the supported Receive Window used in Friend Offer Delay calculations.

.min_cache_size_log    = 3,                                 // minimum number of messages that the Friend node can store in its Friend Cache.

.receive_delay         = 100,                               // Receive delay in 1ms units to be requested by the Low Power node.

.poll_timeout          = 36000                              // Poll timeout in 100ms units to be requested by the Low Power node.

},

#else

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

You need to follow few key steps to implement the LPN. For example:

• Set LOW_POWER_NODE ?= 1
  • Configure Mesh Core configuration parameters.(wiced_bt_mesh_core_config_t)
  • Register and Implements the application callback functions for sleep (wiced_bt_mesh_app_func_table_t)
  • Configure sleep configuration parameters. wiced_sleep_configure()

Please refer the mesh AppNote for the implementation detail.

https://www.cypress.com/file/473921/download  (Please check 8.3.1 Low-Power ON/OFF Server Code Example, page No. 48)

Please let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

You need to follow few key steps to implement the LPN. For example:

• Set LOW_POWER_NODE ?= 1
  • Configure Mesh Core configuration parameters.(wiced_bt_mesh_core_config_t)
  • Register and Implements the application callback functions for sleep (wiced_bt_mesh_app_func_table_t)
  • Configure sleep configuration parameters. wiced_sleep_configure()

Please refer the mesh AppNote for the implementation detail.

https://www.cypress.com/file/473921/download  (Please check 8.3.1 Low-Power ON/OFF Server Code Example, page No. 48)

Please let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes