Help - using PSoC 62S2 43012 WiFi BT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gisc_1091076
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 5 questions asked First question asked

Hi,

I'm practicing with the psco 62S2 43012 eva board. After i must development an application that use both ble and wifi. I can't to understand if to use the Modus ToolBox or Wiced studio, which i must using to develpment my appllication ? that differents there are between Modus ToolBox or Wiced studio ? when to use one or the other ?

Another question. I test a build the project hello_world with modus, but i have this error, why ?

M:/WorkspaceModus/Hello_World/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Debug/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.o: In function `cy_mutex_pool_create':

M:\WorkspaceModus\Hello_World/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.c:96: undefined reference to `xSemaphoreCreateRecursiveMutexStatic'

M:/WorkspaceModus/Hello_World/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Debug/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.o: In function `cy_mutex_pool_acquire':

M:\WorkspaceModus\Hello_World/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.c:110: undefined reference to `xSemaphoreTakeRecursive'

M:/WorkspaceModus/Hello_World/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Debug/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.o: In function `cy_mutex_pool_release':

M:\WorkspaceModus\Hello_World/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.c:118: undefined reference to `xSemaphoreGiveRecursive'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [libs/psoc6make/make/core/build.mk:528: M:/WorkspaceModus/Hello_World/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Debug/mtb-example-psoc6-hello-world.elf] Error 1

make: *** [libs/psoc6make/make/core/main.mk:414: secondstage_build] Error 2

"M:/ModusToolbox/tools_2.1/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=M:/ModusToolbox/tools_2.1 -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For the kit you are using you need to use Modus Toolbox for devlopment.  Modus Toolbox is the platform to develop PSoC and CYW (WIFI-BT) devices. Using WICED Studio you cannot develop the applications PSoC devices.

Please ensure that you have enabled FreeRTOS library in the Library manager. You can see the Library Manager in the Quick panel present at left hand bottom side of the Modus Toolbox GUI.

Also, please go through the attached presentations which gives you more information on Modus Toolbox.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For the kit you are using you need to use Modus Toolbox for devlopment.  Modus Toolbox is the platform to develop PSoC and CYW (WIFI-BT) devices. Using WICED Studio you cannot develop the applications PSoC devices.

Please ensure that you have enabled FreeRTOS library in the Library manager. You can see the Library Manager in the Quick panel present at left hand bottom side of the Modus Toolbox GUI.

Also, please go through the attached presentations which gives you more information on Modus Toolbox.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you me explain more in detail, why with my kit i don't must use wiced ? in my final application i must use a psoc6 with murata Type1LV module.

about my error instead?

M:/WorkspaceModus/Hello_World/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Debug/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.o: In function `cy_mutex_pool_create':

M:\WorkspaceModus\Hello_World/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.c:96: undefined reference to `xSemaphoreCreateRecursiveMutexStatic'

M:/WorkspaceModus/Hello_World/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Debug/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.o: In function `cy_mutex_pool_acquire':

M:\WorkspaceModus\Hello_World/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.c:110: undefined reference to `xSemaphoreTakeRecursive'

M:/WorkspaceModus/Hello_World/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Debug/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.o: In function `cy_mutex_pool_release':

M:\WorkspaceModus\Hello_World/libs/clib-support/cy_mutex_pool.c:118: undefined reference to `xSemaphoreGiveRecursive'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [libs/psoc6make/make/core/build.mk:528: M:/WorkspaceModus/Hello_World/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Debug/mtb-example-psoc6-hello-world.elf] Error 1

make: *** [libs/psoc6make/make/core/main.mk:414: secondstage_build] Error 2

"M:/ModusToolbox/tools_2.1/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=M:/ModusToolbox/tools_2.1 -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

Thanks

0 Likes