CX3 MIPI configuration error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

Q1-1) If the value of "Output Pixel Clock [Mhz]" exceeds the Max value, what parameter should I correct?
Q1-2)  Please tell me the reason mentioned above.
Q2) Please find attached, the value of "Output Pixel Clock [Mhz]"  range is [Min:204.12| and [Max:100]. Why is MIN larger than MAX?

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Arai,

Q1-1) If the value of "Output Pixel Clock [Mhz]" exceeds the Max value, what parameter should I correct?

Generally, the following will decrease the Output pixel clock:

a. Increasing pre-divider value and/or

b. Increasing parallel clock divider and/or

c. choosing lower PLL Out range

d. Decreasing the Multiplier of unit clock.

But in your case, the output format (which is in the right column of the configuration tool, that is, CX3 MIPI Interface Configuration) is chosen to be RAW8. With this output format, the incoming data cannot be sent to GPIF while meeting the required frame rate. So, please change the output format to RGB888 (You need not change Data format in the left column of the tool, that is, MIPI CSI2 Inputs)

After changing the output format, min required pixel clock will change to a value less than 100MHz as expected. Then you can use any of the above options to bring the output pixel clock between min and max.

Q2) Please find attached, the value of "Output Pixel Clock [Mhz]"  range is [Min:204.12| and [Max:100]. Why is MIN larger than MAX?

As mentioned above, with RAW8 output format and with the shared settings of the image sensor(that is resolution, blanking values etc), the incoming data cannot be sent over GPIF. Because of this, tool is showing min value greater than max.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi Arai,

Generally, the following will decrease the Output pixel clock:

a. Increasing pre-divider value and/or

b. Increasing parallel clock divider and/or

c. choosing lower PLL Out range

d. Decreasing the Multiplier of unit clock.

But in your case, the output format (which is in the right column of the configuration tool, that is, CX3 MIPI Interface Configuration) is chosen to be RAW8. With this output format, the incoming data cannot be sent to GPIF while meeting the required frame rate. So, please change the output format to RGB888 (You need not change Data format in the left column of the tool, that is, MIPI CSI2 Inputs)

After changing the output format, min required pixel clock will change to a value less than 100MHz as expected. Then you can use any of the above options to bring the output pixel clock between min and max.

As mentioned above, with RAW8 output format and with the shared settings of the image sensor(that is resolution, blanking values etc), the incoming data cannot be sent over GPIF. Because of this, tool is showing min value greater than max.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello Hemanth san

I can change the output format to RGB24, but I  cannot set it to RGB888. Also, I can select "output video format  8bit, 16bit, and 24bit.

Please tell me how to change the output format to RGB888.

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Arai-san,

You can select RGB24.

Also make sure to configure GPIF to 24 bit wide in firmware.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes