CY7C65642 not working when connecting higher power USB devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Vika_4562056
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hi, I am using the CY7C65642 hub chip that is interfaced to the Jetson NANO module. The schematic is as shown below -

pastedImage_0.png

It shows the relevant chip (USB2.0 hub). There is a power switch connected as shown below -

pastedImage_1.png

Now I am connecting a T261 module to one of the Type A ports on the board. Sometimes on a soft reboot the T261 is not detected and the CY7C keeps reseting the EN pin to the current switch.

But, if I place the T261 along with even with a mouse or wifi dongle it magically works. Any feedback on this ? Have you observed this kind of behaviour,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For the schematic, please ensure that the crystal meets the specifications as per section 3.2 and the bulk and decoupling capacitors on the VCC pins are as per table 7 in the App Note.

-Could you please check if the OVR pin is asserted when the T261 module is connected and EN is being toggled?

-When you connect a mouse or dongle does it work independent of the port selection i.e. when these devices are connected to any port?

-Please check if the same behavior occurs when connecting the T261 on a HX2VL DVK.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For the schematic, please ensure that the crystal meets the specifications as per section 3.2 and the bulk and decoupling capacitors on the VCC pins are as per table 7 in the App Note.

-Could you please check if the OVR pin is asserted when the T261 module is connected and EN is being toggled?

-When you connect a mouse or dongle does it work independent of the port selection i.e. when these devices are connected to any port?

-Please check if the same behavior occurs when connecting the T261 on a HX2VL DVK.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes