WiFi direct Support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working with the SN8200 module from Murata that uses the BCM 43362 chipset. I am looking at enabling WiFi direct support, I have downloaded the WICED SDK 2.4.0 but am not able to see how to enable WiFi direct. Any pointers?

Thanks

Jay

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a snippet application, snip.p2p, that demonstrates Wi-Fi Direct functionality.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Hi Jay,

We have a softAP mode which you can then associate a 2.4G client to the module.

There is an example App in the SDK. Let me know if that is what you are referring to?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I understand that there is a SoftAP mode, however with the SoftAP mode if you use say an Android app then you would need to connect to the AP and then you would loose WAN connectivity, my hope was that the examples show a P2P (WiFi direct) implementation also which would allow a connection to the WiFi WAN to coexist with the SN82000 connection does that make sense? If not I will try to draw up a diagram that helps elaborate the question

Thanks

Jay

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The WICED FAQ mentions this

Does the WICED™ SDK support Wi-Fi Direct?

• Yes. The core features of Wi-Fi Direct (softAP, DHCP server and WPS) are available as part of the WICED™ SDK.

However trying to still understand how this works in an integrated fashion...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a snippet application, snip.p2p, that demonstrates Wi-Fi Direct functionality.

0 Likes