PDO'S current limit

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Geromino
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

in configuration table each PDOs has current limit    in source code SDK i didn't find  any reference 

Q1:  current limit  how it effect on cypress CYPD3175    does the stack reading  this parameters ? 

Q2:  CSP  does has connection  to current limit   which update in configuration table

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

"in source code SDK I didn't find  any reference"

can I please know if you are referring to code examples or code function? The code function is attached below,

Q1: "current limit  how it effects on cypress CYPD3175"

Ans: The current is sensed using Rsense, which is then compared with the reference value(Vref) provided in the OCP section.

" does the stack reading this parameters"

Can you please reframe the question and highlight what you are referring to?

Q2: "CSP  does has connection  to current limit   which update in configuration table"

Ans: CSP : The pin CSP is used for Over Current Operation(OCP). In the configuration utility, the option Over current protection under Power Protection does this update.

Regards

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

"in source code SDK I didn't find  any reference"

can I please know if you are referring to code examples or code function? The code function is attached below,

Q1: "current limit  how it effects on cypress CYPD3175"

Ans: The current is sensed using Rsense, which is then compared with the reference value(Vref) provided in the OCP section.

" does the stack reading this parameters"

Can you please reframe the question and highlight what you are referring to?

Q2: "CSP  does has connection  to current limit   which update in configuration table"

Ans: CSP : The pin CSP is used for Over Current Operation(OCP). In the configuration utility, the option Over current protection under Power Protection does this update.

Regards

Abhilash P

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

There was some problem encountered while attaching the image.

The image is attached in this section,

0 Likes