fx2lp driver windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mied_1557791
Level 1
Level 1

I'm considering designing a USB interface using the FX2LP and have some questions about device drivers.  Is there a Windows 10 driver for the FX2LP? Will I need to apply for a USB vendor code for production use or can I use the Cypress vendor code? What about driver signing - do I need to get any drivers signed by Microsoft and is this difficult?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

For testing purposes, you can use the existing cypress driver as it is.

But for production, you have to use your custom VID and PID and get the driver signed by Microsoft. You cannot use the existing INFs for production.

In driver Resell, Cypress will ship the driver package to your Company's Microsoft  Dashboard. You have to change the INF by removing all the preexisting Cypress VID/PID other than the necessary bootloader VID/PID, add your custom VID/PID to the INF and submit for signing.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Is there a Windows 10 driver for the FX2LP?

->Yes, we do have driver for FX2LP starting from windows xp,vista till windows 10.

It is present in FX2LP DVK and FX3 SDK.

Will I need to apply for a USB vendor code for production use or can I use the Cypress vendor code?

->If you are referring to the VID and PID, you cannot use existing cypress VID/PID for production and have to use a custom VID/PID.

What about driver signing - do I need to get any drivers signed by Microsoft and is this difficult?

-> If you alter the existing INF by adding your custom VID/PID, you need to get it signed by Microsoft for production.

The signing can be done easily through the process of Driver Resell where we ship the driver to your Microsoft Dashboard Account and you can use the same for Microsoft signature by replacing only the existing INF file with your custom INF. This procedure will avoid the process of collecting HLK logs for signing.

Please refer to the Part "3 Driver Resell" section in that attached document.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh. Thanks for the information. So if I use the Cypress driver without modifying it, I don't need to get it tested? Does that mean that Cypress can handle the whole signing process?

0 Likes

Hello,

For testing purposes, you can use the existing cypress driver as it is.

But for production, you have to use your custom VID and PID and get the driver signed by Microsoft. You cannot use the existing INFs for production.

In driver Resell, Cypress will ship the driver package to your Company's Microsoft  Dashboard. You have to change the INF by removing all the preexisting Cypress VID/PID other than the necessary bootloader VID/PID, add your custom VID/PID to the INF and submit for signing.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

Thanks Yateesh

0 Likes