CYBT-342026-01 deep sleep HID-OFF BLE advt.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NeDh_4602711
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored 50 replies posted

Hello,

I have implemented deep sleep HID-OFF in my Firmware. I want to ask when it is in deep sleep mode(HID-OFF) advertisement also goes in sleep mode is it possible to advertise it with low duty?

just wanted to confirm one thing. I believe in deepsleep (HID-OFF) mode we cannot prevent it from restarting the controller on wakeup? Is it correct?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neeraj Dhekale

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi NeDh_4602711 ,

You can write the data to be saved in NVRAM VSID section using API wiced_hal_write_nvram  (Refer wiced_hal_nvram.h for details & hello_sensor demo for API usages)

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello NeDh_4602711 ,

In HID-Off mode, No BT activities are allowed.

HID-OFF: This mode is the same as the Timed-Wake mode except that the RTC cannot wake up the device. Everything is OFF in this mode and the SRAM is not retained. The only wakeup source is an LHL GPIO interrupt. The device starts executing from reset after wakeup; therefore, the wakeup time is the same as that of power-on reset.

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes

Hello,

Pls correct my understanding:

I understood that it is not possible to use any functions Bluetooth during the deep sleep(HID-OFF) And anyhow it is going to restart when HID-OFF wakeup event occurs..  My concern is how can I retain the value of variables stored before restart? can I store in EEPROM? Does EEPROM is supported for this controller?if yes could you please send example code for EEPROM?

Thanks and regards,

@NeerajDhekale

0 Likes

Hi NeDh_4602711 ,

You can write the data to be saved in NVRAM VSID section using API wiced_hal_write_nvram  (Refer wiced_hal_nvram.h for details & hello_sensor demo for API usages)

Regards,

Anjana

AnjanaM_61

Thank you so much

Regards

Neeraj