In PSoC6, PDL can not clear the IIC bus underflow interrupt

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shyo_2565646
Level 1
Level 1

dear sir:

when we develop our software use PSOC6, we meet the following problem.

<software description>

we use 2 channel I2C of PSOC6, one channel is for control device1, the other channel is for control device2.

<problem>

The waveform when the normal action

pastedImage_5.png

Channel0: I2C1 data ;  Channel1: I2C1 clk ; Channel2: I2C2 data ; Channel3: I2C2 clk

Channel4: test pin (any i2c channel1  interrupt occur, put to High, interrupt finished, put to low)

Channel5: test pin (i2c channel1 underflow interrupt occur, put to High, interrupt finished put to low)

very low appearance, the following waveform appear.

pastedImage_8.png

When the error waveform appear,

we send the chip address with write bit  ---  0x9C,

because I2C2 is during transmitting , so the interrupt of I2C1 is delayed.(Channel 4 , first high level)

but during the interrupt process, set the next data(0x73),

Why the underflow interrupt occur ?(channel 5 high level)

<Comment>

We used the PDL Ver 3.1.2.

we analyze the PDL source code.

we found that

in Cy_scb_i2c.c  line2914, function : MasterHandleDataTransmit,

line 2947:  Cy_SCB_ClearTxInterrupt(base, CY_SCB_TX_INTR_UNDERFLOW);

Can not clear the underflow interrupt.

but if we call the function again, we can clear the interrupt.

in other words:

[  intrStatus = Cy_SysLib_EnterCriticalSection();

Cy_SCB_WriteTxFifo     (base, (uint32_t) context->masterBuffer[0UL]);

Cy_SCB_ClearTxInterrupt(base, CY_SCB_TX_INTR_UNDERFLOW);

Cy_SysLib_ExitCriticalSection(intrStatus);   ]

can not clear the underflow interrupt.

[  intrStatus = Cy_SysLib_EnterCriticalSection();

Cy_SCB_WriteTxFifo     (base, (uint32_t) context->masterBuffer[0UL]);

Cy_SysLib_ExitCriticalSection(intrStatus);   ]

can clear the underflow interrupt.

can you please tell me the reason?

best regards, and many thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

首先  I2C2的工作状态与 I2C1以及其中断的产生时间应该没有关系,每个 SCB 以及其中断都是完全独立的,相互之间并不存在耦合或资源共享。我建议你在两个中断函数中对两个test pin 分别改成做 toggle 操作,这样就比较容易看出这个中断产生的时机和具体次数,我比较怀疑 UNDERFLOW 中断在短时间内可能产生了多次,清一次中断只能清楚中断状态寄存器中的标志位,但是中断锁存 buffer 中应该还有未响应的中断。

First of all, the working state of i2c2 should have no relationship with the generation time of i2c1 and its fault. Each SCB and its fault are completely independent, and there is no coupling or resource sharing between them. I suggest that you change the two test pins into toggle operations in two interrupt functions. In this way, it is easier to see the timing and specific number of times the interrupt is generated. I doubt that the under low interrupt may be generated many times in a short period of time. Clearing an interrupt can only clear the flag bit in the interrupt status register, but the interrupt latch buffer There should be unresponsive interrupts in.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

首先  I2C2的工作状态与 I2C1以及其中断的产生时间应该没有关系,每个 SCB 以及其中断都是完全独立的,相互之间并不存在耦合或资源共享。我建议你在两个中断函数中对两个test pin 分别改成做 toggle 操作,这样就比较容易看出这个中断产生的时机和具体次数,我比较怀疑 UNDERFLOW 中断在短时间内可能产生了多次,清一次中断只能清楚中断状态寄存器中的标志位,但是中断锁存 buffer 中应该还有未响应的中断。

First of all, the working state of i2c2 should have no relationship with the generation time of i2c1 and its fault. Each SCB and its fault are completely independent, and there is no coupling or resource sharing between them. I suggest that you change the two test pins into toggle operations in two interrupt functions. In this way, it is easier to see the timing and specific number of times the interrupt is generated. I doubt that the under low interrupt may be generated many times in a short period of time. Clearing an interrupt can only clear the flag bit in the interrupt status register, but the interrupt latch buffer There should be unresponsive interrupts in.

0 Likes