Force .cysem and .cyvis files to update?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

For instance, when I update PSoC Creator, these files don't get updated and don't show up in version control.  Then, if I later make a modification to the schematic, these files get updated, but it combines that functional change with the updates to PSoC Creator, too.  Is there a way to force them to be re-generated so they're always up-to-date?  I've been disabling a component, saving, then undoing and saving again.  It results in things being re-ordered, though.

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You can find the information to re-generate the files you required in PSoC Creator Help section. Please check for "generate description files" in PSoC Creator help section.

cyvis.PNG

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Yes, that's turned on, but it doesn't actually generate anything unless the schematic is changed in some way.

For example, if I update PSoC Creator, I want the .cysem files to immediately update:

pastedImage_0.png

I don't want it to wait until some other change is made to the schematic and then have both those changes and the Creator update changes in the same commit.

0 Likes