CYBT-353027-02 RF exposure requirements for FCC & IC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sipa_4776851
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are looking for upgrading our wireless products to BLEv5.0 with a small form factor module available in market and found “CYBT-353027-02” with profile of  9x9x1.75 and got some clarity on certifications from form(https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-15283).  

In order to comply with FCC and IC RF exposure requirements is this device must be installed/provided any separation distance between device and the user.

Usually people say 20cm separation distance which is practically not possible for our product. There are few products out in market with 0mm clearance and with bigger form factor which is again not suitable for me.

Dose this module require any separation distance?(for FCC and IC)

To move forward we would like to have a range test report with respect to output power with pricing and availability of modules in min and max numbers.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi sipa_4776851

The minimum distance required for SAR exemption when using this module is 6 mm for FCC and 15 mm for IC. These limits are directly derived from the output power of the module. The greater the power, the greater is the SAR exemption distance. However, there is no prohibition to using this module at closer distance, as long as you conduct the SAR test with the end product and pass the applicable limits.

I am sorry , We do not have a range test report available. To set Tx power , please refer our KBA - Configuring Transmit (Tx) Power on CYW20706 Chip - KBA228573

For pricing and availability of modules , I request you to create a customer marketing SFDC case from our website to get answer.

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi sipa_4776851

The minimum distance required for SAR exemption when using this module is 6 mm for FCC and 15 mm for IC. These limits are directly derived from the output power of the module. The greater the power, the greater is the SAR exemption distance. However, there is no prohibition to using this module at closer distance, as long as you conduct the SAR test with the end product and pass the applicable limits.

I am sorry , We do not have a range test report available. To set Tx power , please refer our KBA - Configuring Transmit (Tx) Power on CYW20706 Chip - KBA228573

For pricing and availability of modules , I request you to create a customer marketing SFDC case from our website to get answer.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes