Hi PSoC 4.3 Creator is randomly crashing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaGa_4378306
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Help!  PSoC 4.3 IDE has started crashing for me randomly.  It just exits with no warning.

In the latest crash, it corrupted my cyprj file and removed the TopDesign, and Linker scripts, etc for the project when I restarted. It was only because I had the file under revision control I was able to debug. 

What are the steps to debug this crash?

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

When PSoC Creator crashes, it displays a window with an error message usually. Do you see it? If yes, please do post the screenshot of that image here.

Please check if the issue described in this KBA is what's causing the crash: PSoC Creator May Crash when Run Concurrently with Visual Studio on Windows 10 - KBA226098

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

I'm not running any other IDE in the background.  When it crashes, the PSOC Creator IDE just disappears.  Is there a log for the crash somewhere?

0 Likes

Please download Process Monitor from here. Open Process Monitor and go to Filter and add a filter for "Process Name" is "psoc_creator.exe" as shown below:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Then open PSoC Creator and once it crashes, go to File > Save and save the file. Share this file here so that we can have a look at what's causing the crash.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes