Problems with defining clock for USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RuGl_1600761
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I use a poc5 kit with cy8c5888 and have to define the clock for USB usage.

I once tried this kit with USBUART example, this worked perfect. Now I have to set up project by myself. This board has no external crystal, so it should run on internal clock. unfortunately the clock selection offers only highly volatile clock sources. So how to configure this device for 0,25% acuticy ?

Second question: How to change psoc device in a example project.... I once was successful but I cannot rememeber and seached for this for 30minutes.... 😞

regards

rgl
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello RuGl_1600761

1) For the USB clock setting as correctly mentioned by Len you need to make the following settings in case of PSOC 5LP:

1. IMO: Set to 24 MHz.

2. ILO: Set to 100 kHz

3. USB: Enable and select IMOx2 to achieve 48 MHz

pastedImage_0.png

2) In order to change the device, in your workspace explorer, right click on the project and select Device Selector

pastedImage_2.png

In the device selector you and Filter from the list of desired CPU, Family, Series, etc and choose the required device.

Kindly let me know  if you have any further queries related to this issue.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

RuGl,

You're clock setting look correct.  I can set mine to the same as yours.  I don't get the "!" mark on the USB clock block.

pastedImage_1.png

Select the "!".  It should give you a clue why it is complaining.  With that clue, you might be able to fix the issue.

How to change the device:

Select the project where you want to change the device and right click.

The "Device Selector..." should be one of the menu items.   Select it.  The Device Selector window should come up.

pastedImage_2.png

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

accuracy 0.25% enabled only for USB -> IMOx2 - 48MHz

I didn't pay attention to it before and can't explain...USB4.png

0 Likes

Evgeniy,

You are correct.  I noticed it too.  

RuGl,

You need to change the USB Clock source from "PLL_OUT - 24 MHz" to "IMOx2 - 48 MHz".  This will automatically force the IMO clock block to set to 24 MHz +/-0.25%.

This should correct that problem.

Len

Len
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Len,

there is no 0,25% not at 24MHZ not at 48MHz… And selecting 24 or 48MHz will not change the waring ( red exclamation mark)in USB clock.

I use PSOC Creator 4.3

Regards

Rupert

rgl
0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi Rupert,

In the attached image I see that the source to the USB is selected as PLL_OUT. Can you please change the source of clock to the USB block as IMOx2 -48 MHz. Keep the IMO at 24Mhz. Ensure the ILO is at 100 kHz.

Please let me know if this setting work for you.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Ok found it ... I have to change the clock inside USB box… here I can find the IMOx2.

Thanks.

Regards

Rupert

rgl
0 Likes

Rupert,

I assume since you found the IMOx2 selection in the USB clock block, it now works to get 0.25% tolerance.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi Len,

yes, USB HID is working now, thanks.

Best regards

Rupert

rgl
0 Likes

Rupert,

EXCELLENT!

To help the community, please select one post from the numerous contributors in this discussion as the post that best answers your issue correctly.   This will then close the discussion and provide others looking for a answer to the same problem.

Len

Len
0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hello RuGl_1600761

1) For the USB clock setting as correctly mentioned by Len you need to make the following settings in case of PSOC 5LP:

1. IMO: Set to 24 MHz.

2. ILO: Set to 100 kHz

3. USB: Enable and select IMOx2 to achieve 48 MHz

pastedImage_0.png

2) In order to change the device, in your workspace explorer, right click on the project and select Device Selector

pastedImage_2.png

In the device selector you and Filter from the list of desired CPU, Family, Series, etc and choose the required device.

Kindly let me know  if you have any further queries related to this issue.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes