What version of BLE runs on CYW4343W?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoWo_4704901
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Would you be able to confirm what version of BLE runs on the CYW4343W please? The datasheet says 4.1, but third party modules that use it say anything from 4.2 to 5.1!

Normally I'd assume the manufacturer of the chip was right, but this is Cypress we're talking about here.;-)

Currently, we can't send any characteristic over 20 bytes, so I'm willing to bet it is 4.1.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi RoWo_4704901​,

CYW4343W is BLE 4.2 compliant but does not support DLE feature. The datasheet update process is going on, we apologize for the confusion caused.

Hi Alexei,

Yes CYW43012 is a newer WiFi-BT combo chip which is supported on ModusToolbox, AnyCloud, Mbed platforms.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AlVy_2459421
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

you are right, large frames introduced in version BLE 4.2 are not supported in CYW4343W.

However, this is an optional feature in BLE4.2. Thus, it can be that device is formally compliant with BLE 4.2, but without large frames. Some discussion about the topic is here PSoC 62 + (BLE5 or BLE5-WiFI combo) software/hardware selection

I can note that 4343W also does not support data rate 2 Mbps. Thus, this chip looks somewhat outdated.

There is a newer chip 43012. However, some time ago BLE support of this chip was absent in development tools. I am curious whether this  situation changed.

With best regards,

Alexei

0 Likes

Hi RoWo_4704901​,

CYW4343W is BLE 4.2 compliant but does not support DLE feature. The datasheet update process is going on, we apologize for the confusion caused.

Hi Alexei,

Yes CYW43012 is a newer WiFi-BT combo chip which is supported on ModusToolbox, AnyCloud, Mbed platforms.

0 Likes

Thanks for the responses, folks, much appreciated.

0 Likes