iBeacon Build

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to load iBeacon app in Wiced Sense Tag but i get a problem when i builded as below. Can anybody help me?

make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target '../tier2/brcm/libraries/lib/20736/ibeacon.a', needed by '../../build/ibeacon_device-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/lib_installer.c'.  Stop.

Makefile:350: recipe for target 'ibeacon_device-BCM920736TAG_Q32' failed

make: *** [ibeacon_device-BCM920736TAG_Q32] Error 2

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The iBeacon application requires access to a licensed library that is not included in the standard SDK.

To gain access to the private site where this library and the associated instructions reside, please send a PM (Personal Message) to the user "gangi" which contains both your company name and your six digit HomeKit/MFi license number

gangi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understood but we are not doing productisation only development work. I mean i am trying to send and receive beacon messages and i need to see beacon packets via some tools (i dont know if available) . I want to observe beacon actions on Wiced Sense Tag device.

0 Likes

If the Apple iBeacon compliant library is not needed, then the myBeacon app which is included within the SDK may serve your needs.

/WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/mybeacon

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any suggestion program or interface to see beacon actions? When i loaded mybeacon program in Wiced Sense Tag can i observe beacon packets. Also may i adjust beacon times and output power?

0 Likes

LightBlue is a popular application scanner application for the iPhone: LightBlue on the Mac App Store

There are others that run on Android.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if you are just trying to look at broadcast packets, you can use the Android app in the link.

It's a simple app for looking at advertisement packets.

ADV modification for multi-hello sensors with 1 hello-client.

James

0 Likes