Can't Find CX3 RDK in linux or windows

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
alyo_4754581
Level 1
Level 1
10 likes given 5 likes given First like given

Hi

I am using the Denebola RDK with the CX3. The firmware on the device is the example firmware for ov5640 sensor that came with it from e-con systems. I can see the camera feed in e-cam view on windows and qt-cam software on Linux as well as adjust brightness and other parameters.

I now want to flash a new firmware, however on both platforms I can not get the device to show up on either CYUSB control (linux) or the CYCONTROL center (windows), I also cannot find the device in bulkloop or streamer.

On Linux I have the udev installed correctly and on windows I also have the camera's driver installed and showing up in my device manager (image below). On windows when I first connect the device the derives installed automatically and successfully

I cannot find Cypress BootLoader in the control center and the options to flash the fx3 is grayed out (image below). What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance

Ali

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Yes, you need to bind the driver manually. Please refer to the question 1 of the following KBA to manually bind the driver:

Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumeration - KBA222372

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

According to my understanding, you are not able to see the Cypress Bootloader Device in the control center. But the device is enumerating as a UVC camera device whenever it is plugged into the host. Please confirm if my understanding is correct or not.

If my understanding is correct, then this could be because the PMODE pins are configured for I2C/SPI boot. You need to change the PMODE pins of the kit to USB boot to make the device visible as Bootloader Device in the control center. Please refer to table 2 of CX3 datasheet to understand how to set the PMODE pins for the different boot modes. The link to the same is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/133591/download

On the board, SW5 is used for configuring the PMODE pins for the different boot options.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

I did try this exact thing you said but still my device does not show up as a boot loader device. You are correct under I2C boot mode and SPI boot mode I am able to see the driver in the device manager as well as stream video from the camera to the e-cam view software.

In USB mode I still don't see the device showing up in cycontrol center as a Cypress Bootloader Device I also can not see the driver, cannot see the device in e-camview. I have attached images of the SW5 states for each mode I used.

Do you think this is an issue with binding the driver? If so can you tell me how to resolve it ?
spiboot.PNGi2cboot.PNGusbboot.PNG

Thanks

Ali

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if you have installed the latest version of FX3 SDK. This can be downloaded from the following link:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Can you please check if the device manager is refreshed once you plug in the device with the PMODE pins configured for USB boot (i.e Z11) to the host? Also, please share the snapshot of the device manager after plugging in the device with PMODE pins set to Z11.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi jayakrishna ,

Yes I am using the most recent SDK version 1.3.4 image below:SDK.PNG

Here is the snap shot of the device manager when I set the device to USB mode (Z11) as you can see I do not see the device showing up just an error on the WestBridge connection which shows up after I plug in the RDK in USB mode (highlighted in the image below)

USBmodedevice manager.PNG

Also here is the same snapshot but when I set the device so SPI or I2C mode for your reference in this mode I can see the UVC connection and stream on ecam-view

I2C mode device manager.PNG

I will also attach below the Property pane for the WestBridge device that it fails to find a driver for The driver is not found and is why I asked do I need to manually bind or install the driver for this device.

Westbridge properties.PNG

Best Regards

Ali

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, you need to bind the driver manually. Please refer to the question 1 of the following KBA to manually bind the driver:

Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumeration - KBA222372

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Thanks all good.

0 Likes