FX2LP18 Tools Chain

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeBo_4132831
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

What is the "state of the art" Tool chain to be used to developt a firmware onto FX2LP18 ?

I've currently the SDK you provided onto your website (quite old ...) using Keil V2 Project and Examples (Keil is now V6).

With limited code size : 4 Ko.

Do i need to stay  onto uvision V2 ? and Ask Keil for a Full License ?

Is there any "free" solution using another free compiler/linker ?

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Did you follow the Step 4 mentioned in the KBA: FX2LP I2C Based Debug with SDCC on Eclipse IDE- KBA229648

4. Once the project is created, go to Properties → C/C++ Build. Add C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\Eclipse\plugins\net.sourceforge.eclipsesdcc.win32_1.0.0\os\win32\x86\make.exe -k in the Build command space. Click OK.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

11 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can use the example projects with Keil uvision 5. It has been well tested.

Also, we have an Eclipse FX2LP bulkloop firmware with SDCC complier. Please refer to this KBA FX2LP I2C Based Debug with SDCC on Eclipse IDE- KBA229648 for the example.

You can use the Bulkloop_SDCC as a base project for firmware development.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi, COuld you precise wich Keil V5 examples ?

ANother question, but WIndows Side.

Is there any WIndows based application examples (in C, not in C#) using basic USB command and USB Library ?

Regards.

0 Likes

Hello,

You can open the current example projects in FX2LP DVK with Keil uVision 5 to get the same build.

We provide CyAPiI.lib (Cpp) and CyUSB.dll (C#) library for Windows development.

Please download the FX3 SDK which contains the libraries and API document. The same can be used for FX2LP.

The controlcenter, streamer, and bulkloop application in FX2LP DVK uses the above mentioned libraries. Please refer to the same.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

I tried Eclipse and sdcc, but unable to compile the bulkloop project.

14:36:20 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project Test ****

make -k all

Cannot run program "make" (in directory "C:\Cypress\USB\EZ-USB_FX3_SDK\Workspace\Test\Release"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

14:36:20 Build Finished (took 25ms)

Any idea ?

i tried to copy makefile into this folder. Renaming it in make. But always not working.

0 Likes

Hello,

Did you follow the Step 4 mentioned in the KBA: FX2LP I2C Based Debug with SDCC on Eclipse IDE- KBA229648

4. Once the project is created, go to Properties → C/C++ Build. Add C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\Eclipse\plugins\net.sourceforge.eclipsesdcc.win32_1.0.0\os\win32\x86\make.exe -k in the Build command space. Click OK.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

Thanks for your answer. I've missed this point.

I can now compile the project example.

Unfortunately i cannot obtain a functional .HEX with my code.

I found that just adding the gpif.c (obtained from the GPIF Designer) in the project example and the .HEX file generated is no more "valid".

Cause using it for RAM download, and my device is no more responding. No Renumeration as expected. I need to RESET the chip..

The same GPIF.C works well using Keil Uvision.

Is there any specifics things to manage with SDCC linker ?

Regards

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please share your Eclipse project.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

How ?

By email directly ?

0 Likes

Hello,

You can attach the project to your response using the "use advanced editor" option in the response box and select attach.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Do not want to share my project with everyone .... Can i sent it to you ONLY ?

0 Likes

Hello,

Please mail it to ykum@cypress.com

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes