New 'wl' binary for Raspberry Pi CM3+ using CYW43455

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCh_3708191
Level 1
Level 1

We are needing to perform compliance and safety tests on our product and need to be able to instigate various test modes on the WiFi module.  We have been supplied a series of command scripts that all call for a 'wl' binary file.   It appears that this isn't something that can be built by anyone and that we need to request a binary from Cypress or Murata (I'm not sure which).  My supplier doesn't seem to be able to help beyond giving me some test firmware, scripts and a half baked spreadsheet.

So I'm posting here in case anyone can help me.  I need the wl binary compiled for the Raspberry Pi (32-bit ARMv7 mode) as it is running 32-bit Raspbian 10

0 Likes
1 Solution

The wl binary you supplied, along with a manufacturing firmware I got from my distributor, is now working and I can generate test signals.  Many thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

I have uploaded one wl tool in this thread, would you please have a try ?

.RasPi4 WiFi problem with KR country code

I think this may partially work.  The command does run without crashing and I can issue a few commands.  However when I come to actually turning on the RF, I get an error from the utility.

e.g.

sudo ./wl -i wlan0 pkteng_start 00:11:22:33:44:55 tx sync 20 1024 0

./wl: error -23

Maybe I also need some special test firmware in the CYW43455 or perhaps someone has some documentation on how I can get a CW signal out of this device.  I have been trying to use this sequence of commands to generate a CW signal

wl down

wl mpc 0

wl phy_watchdog 0

wl country ALL

wl band b

wl chanspec 1/20

wl scansuppress 1

wl up

wl phy_forcecal 1

wl phy_txpwrctrl 1

wl txpwr1 -1

wl txpwr1 -o -d 17

wl out

wl fqacurcy 1

sleep 10

wl fqacurcy 0

But I also get error like this;

sudo ./wl fqacurcy 0

./wl: wl driver adapter not found

0 Likes

Hello:

I think you need a mfg firmware.

0 Likes

The wl binary you supplied, along with a manufacturing firmware I got from my distributor, is now working and I can generate test signals.  Many thanks for all your help.

0 Likes