Is it possible to configure the BLE component without using the GUI configurator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlAd_4179981
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

Hi,

we are using PSoC 4200 BLE in one of our products and we are trying to integrate Cypress code into our stack.

my question is, Can I use the BLE APIs to configure everything in the BLE programmatically without the GUI.

if no, what are the things that require the GUI, and is there a way to go around it?

as an example of what we are trying to accomplish, we like to add the services and characteristics programmatically, is it possible?

the reason we like to do so is that we have everything already configured in our stack and we are trying to build an abstraction layer for Cypress PSoC 4200 BLE to be directly integrated into our stack.

Regards,

Ali

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please refer to the attached sample project where i'm updating the custum service/characteristic UUID values in GATT DB after the device got disconnected. You can check this project for your reference.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello AlAd_4179981 ,

Could you please check the generated files from the BLE component. You can add the services and characteristics data using the generated files. You can have two sets of GATT DB and call register DB whenever you want to change the DB composition. The GATT DB should be according to the spec.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

Thanks, P Yugandhar for your response.

Do I have to make changes to the generated files, isn't there any other way.

what about the remaining configurations, is it doible without the GUI.

thanks,

Ali

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to the attached sample project where i'm updating the custum service/characteristic UUID values in GATT DB after the device got disconnected. You can check this project for your reference.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Thanks, P Yugandhar for your response.

the project is very helpfull.

regards,

Ali

0 Likes