CYUSB2304-68LTXI compatibility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

The customer is looking for a hub that can use three DS's with USB 2.0.

(CYUSB2304-68?)

They have used the CYUSB3302-68LTXC before.

●I think the two devices are pin compatible, is this correct?

●Is it correct to use CYUSB2304-68 if I want to use a hub with more than 3 USB 2.0 ports?

(Are there other candidates for Cypress devices?)

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Hayato-san,

-Yes, the devices are pin-to-pin compatible and they can leave the unused pins unconnected as per the pin configuration in Table 3 of the datasheet.

-The CYUSB2304 provides 4 US 2.0 ports and you could also check HX2VL, our 4-port USB 2.0 hub which is cheaper and has a smaller package.

For more than 4 USB 2.0 ports, please check HX3PD​, our USB Type-C PD capable hub, which provides 7 ports but many additional features that may not be needed by the customer.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Hayato-san,

-Yes, the devices are pin-to-pin compatible and they can leave the unused pins unconnected as per the pin configuration in Table 3 of the datasheet.

-The CYUSB2304 provides 4 US 2.0 ports and you could also check HX2VL, our 4-port USB 2.0 hub which is cheaper and has a smaller package.

For more than 4 USB 2.0 ports, please check HX3PD​, our USB Type-C PD capable hub, which provides 7 ports but many additional features that may not be needed by the customer.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your reply!

I understand very well!

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes