How to use the SAR ADC's injection channel for die temperature?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChRe_4711096
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

I'd like to sneak in a temperature measurement from time to time, while the ADC is usually busy scanning 4 differential channels using SARSEQ. From the PSoC63 register TRM I gathered that exactly this use case is suitable for the ADC's injection channel. However, the architecture TRM is pretty silent about it (I have document 002-18176 Rev. *J).

Also there are some screenshots of example projects that show a die temperature sensor component in the schematic. I can't find it in PSoC Creator's component catalog, but the resource meter shows it as unused - so it's there in Creator's internals in some way. How do I add the temperature measurement to the schematic (do I need it there in the first place)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

ChRe,

There is an example project using and setting up the die temp.  Also, here is a link to a discussion talking about the die temp on the PSoC6:

Where is the die temp component for the PSOC 6 in PSOC Creator?

I don't know if you will be able to use the die temp as an injection.  Die temp due to HW configuration is assigned to the first channel in the ADC mux.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

ChRe,

There is an example project using and setting up the die temp.  Also, here is a link to a discussion talking about the die temp on the PSoC6:

Where is the die temp component for the PSOC 6 in PSOC Creator?

I don't know if you will be able to use the die temp as an injection.  Die temp due to HW configuration is assigned to the first channel in the ADC mux.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes