internal GPIO connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4766916
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello,

i am using Cy8c4125lqi-483 and cy8c4146lqi-s433 both, i want to connect 2 GPIO pins internally (i want to short them each other). Are these chips allow this process? If not, which chip i can use with the similar pin outs? Thank you for replies.

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you simply want a pull-up on the mosi pin, configure the pin as resistive pull-up in the Drive mode section.

pastedImage_0.png

This can be done on a single pin, it doesn't take additional resources.

If that's not your intent, then pins can be connected through the analog routing fabric. This must be done

carefully as SPI takes adjacent pins, the process consumes the analog mux bus, and it adds significant

switch resistance to the route.

---- Dennis

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

user_4766916

As you well know, you can connect GPIO pins externally.  This is not what you want to do.  You want to make an internal connection.

Can you be more specific what type of internal GPIO connection do you want to do?

Internal are possible in many cases but not all cases.  If we understand what you want to do, we might be able to suggest something.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

ı am using spi communication and i want to connect one pin to spi mosi pin for pull up

0 Likes

If you simply want a pull-up on the mosi pin, configure the pin as resistive pull-up in the Drive mode section.

pastedImage_0.png

This can be done on a single pin, it doesn't take additional resources.

If that's not your intent, then pins can be connected through the analog routing fabric. This must be done

carefully as SPI takes adjacent pins, the process consumes the analog mux bus, and it adds significant

switch resistance to the route.

---- Dennis

user_4766916

If you were using the PSoC5 or PSoC3 or some PSoC4s, Dennis' recommendation is correct.  You can devote one GPIO pin for MOSI and MISO.

You are using the PSoC4100-series part.  This part has SPI resources as an SCB (Serial Communication Block).  Cypress chose to not allow digital IO routing of the MOSI or MISO as a combined GPIO pin. 

Because of this routing limitation for SCB function blocks, I believe you will have to make a external trace connection between the assigned pin for MOSI and for MISO.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."