Is it possible to purchase pre-flashed PSoC 5LP from Cypress?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlPe_1400236
Level 1
Level 1

I have a product that is produced in quantities of 1500-3000 per year, which uses the CY8C5267AXI-LP051, and would like to know if it's possible to purchase pre-flashed parts directly from Cypress, to be used in assembly. I do not currently have an FAE assigned, but am located in Northern California. Can anyone at Cypress help? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Cypress does not offer pre-programmed parts for small quantities. Please check with third-party programming vendors who provide this service. You should be able to find them in the market. For example, our distributor Arrow has such a business.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

AlPe,

If Cypress doesn't provide pre-programmed FLASH parts, many distributors (I'm assuming based on your low volume you are using a distributor) provide this service for a small fee.

I used to work for a company that used a PSoC in their low-volume product line.   The PSoC on the board had a programming header to be used with a MiniProg programmer/debugger.   Our assembly line programmed the PSoC shortly before the End-of-Line testing.

The programming header was available for field-updates if needed.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Cypress does not offer pre-programmed parts for small quantities. Please check with third-party programming vendors who provide this service. You should be able to find them in the market. For example, our distributor Arrow has such a business.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes